The Metaverse

wjfox
Site Admin

Re: The Metaverse

Post by wjfox »

South Korea launches online metaverse replica of capital city Seoul to improve public services

Tue, January 17, 2023 at 8:05 AM

South Korea’s capital city opened the first stage of what it calls ‘Metaverse Seoul’ on Monday, which it claims is the first city-backed public metaverse platform in the world. The first step seems to focus on improving public services through the virtual platform.

Metaverse Seoul, which is a three-part project expected to be complete by 2026, will first aim to improve efficiency in public administration services. Citizens can explore and use the virtual platform with avatars, the city said in its press release.

The Metaverse Seoul app will initially offer services such as issuing proof of citizenship, tax counseling, youth mentoring, and a support center for struggling businesses.

The second stage, expected in 2024, will expand the services to real estate counseling and connecting foreign investors with local industries. Seoul officials aim to complete the public metaverse by 2026, saying the third stage will offer an integration of virtual and augmented reality technology in managing the city’s infrastructure.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/south-ko ... 38685.html

lechwall

Post by lechwall »

The Metaverse is this generation's google glasses. Change my mind.
I don't doubt that VR will be an incredibly useful technology in the future but the Metaverse is certainly not it.
yojop

Post by yojop »

I respect your opinion, but I believe the Metaverse has the potential to revolutionize how we interact with technology and each other, far beyond what Google Glasses offered. It's an exciting and evolving concept that warrants further exploration.
Rueben111

Post by Rueben111 »

yojop wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:03 pm I respect your opinion, but I believe the Metaverse has the potential to revolutionize how we interact with technology and each other, far beyond what Google Glasses offered. It's an exciting and evolving concept that warrants further exploration.
Agreed, the Metaverse has vast potential to transform technology and social interactions. It's a dynamic and fascinating idea that merits ongoing investigation and development.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

yojop wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:03 pm I respect your opinion, but I believe the Metaverse has the potential to revolutionize how we interact with technology and each other, far beyond what Google Glasses offered. It's an exciting and evolving concept that warrants further exploration.
Rueben111 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:04 pm
Agreed, the Metaverse has vast potential to transform technology and social interactions. It's a dynamic and fascinating idea that merits ongoing investigation and development.
What's with all these weird accounts lately? You guys are obviously bots.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

wjfox wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:22 pm
Rueben111 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:04 pm
What's with all these weird accounts lately? You guys are obviously bots.
It is kind of telling that they only have one post each. Also just their posts kinda read like a Meta/Facebook sponsored snippet.
erowind

Post by erowind »

wjfox wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:22 pm What's with all these weird accounts lately? You guys are obviously bots.
I remember Yuli saying he was going to trial using AI for forum posts at some point. The most benign guess is these are Yuli bots. Otherwise my guess is that some entity out there is sending more sophisticated bots to forums around the internet for various purposes. These appear like they could be facebook bots or some other metaverse company at first glance. But I don't really think we're on Facebook's radar for something like that tbh. Perhaps they're bots from an AI research company that is training their AI by sending out chatbots across the internet and they just happened to latch onto this post because it's a popular topic outside the forum too.

Now if we get swarmed by dropshipping bots trying to sell steel tongue drums than we'll know it's advertising spam. I saw an unmoderated forum die like that once 9-9
Millie111

Post by Millie111 »

lechwall wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:21 am The Metaverse is this generation's google glasses. Change my mind.
I don't doubt that VR will be an incredibly useful technology in the future but the Metaverse is certainly not it.
The Metaverse is not just limited to VR but encompasses a broader concept of a shared virtual space with multiple applications. It has the potential to revolutionize how we interact, work, and consume entertainment, unlike Google Glasses.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

Millie111 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:32 am
lechwall wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:21 am The Metaverse is this generation's google glasses. Change my mind.
The Metaverse is not just limited to VR but encompasses a broader concept of a shared virtual space with multiple applications. It has the potential to revolutionize how we interact, work, and consume entertainment, unlike Google Glasses.
First and only post, sounds like a Meta/Facebook tagline, and a second dig at google glass (guess Meta views Google as a threat?). Bot spotted.

Also noticed all 3 bots got anime avatars, guess to make em seem like real posters?
Powers

Post by Powers »

2nd/3rd generation bots.