The Metaverse

raklian

Re: The Metaverse

Post by raklian »

Walmart is now on it.

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

I wonder when it will all connect. By that I mean Facebook's own Horizon Worlds and extended Metaverses plus any others. We are just seeing the separate pieces now in the beginning. Then again if my very basic knowledge of computers is correct coding all of that together must be hard and absolutely daunting work. Imagine one line of code messing everything up and who would want to go through all that?
ººº

Post by ººº »

Nanotechandmorefuture wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:43 am I wonder when it will all connect. By that I mean Facebook's own Horizon Worlds and extended Metaverses plus any others. We are just seeing the separate pieces now in the beginning. Then again if my very basic knowledge of computers is correct coding all of that together must be hard and absolutely daunting work. Imagine one line of code messing everything up and who would want to go through all that?
They just need to convince Google to join the fun.
God, I hope the alternatives at least have advanced search.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

It's hilarious how badly Zuckerberg has stumbled trying to sell the metaverse.
I started this thread with a perfectly straightforward definition that's easy to understand in a single paragraph. Why is it that, after a year, Meta's failed to communicate that same concept? Because I don't even think THEY know what the metaverse is. To them, it's essentially a Facebook-curated Second Life, with some NFT crypto shlock added.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Rupesh Verma

Post by Rupesh Verma »

[spam link removed]
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

I also can't define what the Metaverse is, and also think this is a major marketing problem. It would be smarter if Zuckerberg repeated his successful strategy from Facebook: create a new platform and keep it relatively simple and focused. As its customer base grows, steadily add new features to it.
ººº

Post by ººº »

I see it as an ugly MMO or "platform"/engine for them but bankrolled by one the biggest (?) companies in the world.
raklian

Post by raklian »

ººº wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:24 pm I see it as an ugly MMO or "platform"/engine for them but bankrolled by one the biggest (?) companies in the world.
I'd rather have the Metaverse be autonomously curated by Web3.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
fouadwhatsapp

Post by fouadwhatsapp »

New to exploring this topic. What metaverse specific projects/sub niches are emerging and important?
Best Regards .
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

fouadwhatsapp wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:31 pm New to exploring this topic. What metaverse specific projects/sub niches are emerging and important?
Right now, it's still very much the vr hardware itself, and games. The metaverse as such doesn't really quite exist just yet beyond things like VRChat. Right now metaverse is mostly just a buzzword for corporations who dream of a future where basically you pay them money for the privilege of living in their version of a Matrix/SAO platform where you will be inundated with ads 24/7 so they can make even more money. Suffice it to say I'm rooting for their definition of the metaverse to fail.