Ukraine War Watch Thread

weatheriscool

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by weatheriscool »

Joe Biden signs order to provide $600m military assistance to Ukraine
Source: The Independent
US president Joe Biden has signed an order to provide up to $600m (£448m) in “immediate military assistance’’ to Ukraine, as Russia wages war against the country.

Ukraine is under Russian invasion for the third day on Saturday, with no signs of talks between Moscow and Kyiv to resolve the conflict.

He instructed secretary of state Antony Blinken to release up to $350m “in defence articles and services of the Department of Defense, and military education and training” under the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961. The remaining 250m would be for “overall assistance”, according to the memo released by the White House.

The order comes after a call between Mr Biden and Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky spoke about strengthening sanctions against Russia and providing defence assistance to Kyiv.
Read more: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... ml?src=rss
Certain Russian user

Post by Certain Russian user »

Just noticed:
raklian wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:23 pm By the way, welcome back. ;)
Thank you, but no. My sudden comeback was rather a hyper-emotional reaction after reading this (oh, so objective!) thread. Immature from my side and for my age, yes. The more that response was 100% predictable.

Already fed up, already regret. Go your way, guys, I'll go mine. And let's hope those roads never ever cross irl.
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
BaobabScion

Post by BaobabScion »

Certain Russian user wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:48 pm Just noticed:
Thank you, but no. My sudden comeback was rather a hyper-emotional reaction after reading this (oh, so objective!) thread. Immature from my side and for my age, yes. The more that response was 100% predictable.

Already fed up, already regret. Go your way, guys, I'll go mine. And let's hope those roads never ever cross irl.
Cope and seethe, RuBear. Cope and Seethe. And enjoy those sanctions while you're at it.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Russia ban from SWIFT on the table as Germany drops opposition
Source: Euractiv
The EU is set to discuss in the coming days the ban on Russia’s access to the SWIFT international payments system after the last holdout among the EU27, Germany, dropped its opposition in principle, allowing the bloc to step up sanctions against Moscow following its invasion of Ukraine.

“We are working flat out on how the collateral damage of a decoupling from SWIFT can be limited in such a way that it hits the right people,” Germany’s Foreign Minister Anna Baerbock and Economy Minister Robert Habeck said.

“What we need is a targeted and functional limitation of SWIFT,” they added in a joint statement.

EURACTIV understand this effectively means Berlin has dropped its veto. However, it is not yet clear how the German government exactly aims to make the SWIFT restrictions more “targeted”.
Read more: https://www.euractiv.com/section/europe ... pposition/
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

I hope if Putin chooses to attack nato that we're ready to go all the way to Moscow and overthrow putin! Nothing less will stop this bastard. We don't let a rabid dog walk around freely in our neighborhoods and we shouldn't accept this either.

We either go all the way or we stay out of it!!!
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Certain Russian user wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:48 pm Already fed up, already regret. Go your way, guys, I'll go mine. And let's hope those roads never ever cross irl.
Seems like you're being a coward, and what'll happen if our roads cross? Couldn't we simply talk, instead of the "bad things."
weatheriscool wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:46 pm We either go all the way or we stay out of it!!!
Dude, NUKES. If Nato encroached on Moscow, there's no way they wouldn't be used. I fucking hate Vladimir Putin, but we have to weigh the risks of the world vs one man and his corrupt regime. There's also Belarus, who could be used as a launching point instead to make them the fall guys. I don't suggest we bow to their demands, either.
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

:lol: :lol:
Certain Russian user wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:48 pm Just noticed:

Hope if you stay you bring us some news from the other side of the propaganda as well.
And, as always, bye bye.
SerethiaFalcon

Post by SerethiaFalcon »

I do not agree with everything Certain Russian user has said, but he is right about that man and child saying goodbye video being wrongly attributed. That took a bit of research as image search doesn't bring up anything, but digging into who shared it from whom...the original poster is Journaloji, which is posting in Turkish as far as I can tell. They took it originally from a ...Russian site, I think (posted February 18)? They do live in Ukraine, but the family was being sent to Russia for safety, not the other way around, and it was in the areas that wanted to separate. During wars, I think it would be good for us to double-check our sources, as all sides in wars are biased in one way or another. In some instances, this can lead to very bad things on either side. If something is unknown or can't be confirmed, it probably shouldn't be shared. Also, Twitter users who don't cite their sources are really dangerous in my opinion in this circumstance.
raklian

Post by raklian »

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

From Kharkiv allegedly: