Ukraine War Watch Thread

Yuli Ban

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by Yuli Ban »

The US has said it would send reinforcements to Nato’s eastern flank in response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine, as well as imposing severe new economic measures, in a warning to Moscow on the eve of talks between Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin.

Biden will also make clear to Putin on Tuesday that the US will not rule out future Ukrainian membership of Nato, as the Russian leader has demanded, a senior US official said.

On Monday, Biden spoke to European leaders in preparation for the Putin summit. Afterwards, Boris Johnson said that they had agreed to present a “united front” on Ukraine.

US secretary of state Antony Blinken on Monday spoke to Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelenskiy, and reiterated Washington’s “unwavering support” in the face of “Russian aggression,” the US state department said.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Daily Heil alert

Ukraine has warned of a 'bloody massacre' and five million Ukrainian refugees fleeing into Europe if Russia decides to invade Kiev.

The warning comes as the Kremlin today said escalating tensions in Europe are 'off the scale' ahead of crunch talks between Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Joe Biden.

Kiev today accused Russia of deploying tanks and additional sniper teams near the Ukrainian border amid warnings Moscow could invade in weeks.

Satellite images have revealed huge new camps of Russian troops, tanks and artillery along the border as Putin continues massing his forces on Europe's doorstep.

Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov told CNN there would be a 'really bloody massacre' if Russia invaded Ukraine and warned that 'Russian guys also will come back in coffins'.

Biden and Putin are expected to hold a key video conference today amid fears over the build-up of troops in Ukraine.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

As reports of Russian military buildups on the Ukrainian border intensify, there has been no letup in the low-level war between Ukrainian forces and Russia-backed separatists in the Donbas region. In the trenches near Horlivka, 570 kilometers southeast of Kyiv, a Ukrainian soldier told RFE/RL "you can expect anything." He was speaking on December 4, two days after his 22-year-old comrade was killed by a sniper.
Right back to March 2021. I'll believe it when I see it.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:53 pm
More incompetence from the Biden administration. You should never reveal what lines you will or will not cross...

If Ukraine gets invaded a Belarusian annexation won't be far off either. Poland might want to be exploring nuclear weapons for itself right about now...
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

A full Russian invasion of Ukraine would be on a scale "not seen in Europe since World War Two", the new head of the armed forces has warned.

Admiral Sir Tony Radakin described as "deeply worrying" an escalating crisis over Ukraine - where a build-up of tens of thousands of Russian troops has raised Western fears of a new armed incursion, almost eight years on from Russia's annexation of Crimea.

The comments came as Ukraine's foreign minister told Sky News, "there would be a lot of dead Russian soldiers" if President Vladimir Putin decided to invade.
Ukrainian soldiers walk at the line of separation from pro-Russian rebels near Katerinivka, Donetsk
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

A top Ukrainian general is warning that the country's armed forces are not strong enough to fight back against a potential Russian invasion, The New York Times reported on Thursday.

With just under 100,000 Russian troops massed at various points along the Ukrainian border and more troops moving into these areas, Ukraine's military leadership is saying that they would need more resources to defend the country from a Russia invasion, the report said.

"Unfortunately, Ukraine needs to be objective at this stage," Gen. Kyrylo O. Budanov, the head of Ukraine's military intelligence service, told the Times. "There are not sufficient military resources for repelling a full-scale attack by Russia if it begins without the support of" additional forces, including Western forces.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Russian President Vladimir Putin has been hardening his rhetoric over the situation in Ukraine, saying the war in the country's east looks like genocide.

Russian-backed rebels have been fighting Ukrainian troops there since 2014, and tensions have been growing as Russia amasses troops on the border.

Meanwhile US President Joe Biden discussed recent talks with Mr Putin in a call to his Ukrainian counterpart.

There are fears that Russia is planning to invade Ukraine, which Russia denies.

Tuesday's Biden-Putin video call was seen as an attempt to ease tensions.

Washington and its allies have warned the Kremlin of tough sanctions if it again attacks its neighbour.

Russia has accused Ukraine of provocation, and sought guarantees against eastward Nato expansion and deployment of weapons close to Russia.

Ukrainian authorities have said Moscow could be planning a military offensive at the end of January, although US officials say it is not yet clear whether President Putin has made a decision.
He might actually do it
erowind

Post by erowind »

Unlike Belarus and Ukraine Poland is part of the EU and undeniably not Russian culturally. I doubt Russia would invade Poland it would mean a peer war with Germany, France and likely America.
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

erowind wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:42 am Unlike Belarus and Ukraine Poland is part of the EU and undeniably not Russian culturally. I doubt Russia would invade Poland it would mean a peer war with Germany, France and likely America.
That could change by 2028 or even 2024; Hungary and China should not be forgotten either.
Internet used to be an escape from the real world.
Now the real world is an escape from internet.