Ukraine War Watch Thread

weatheriscool

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by weatheriscool »

Ukraine: 200 bodies found in basement in Mariupol's ruins
Source: AP
orkers digging through the rubble of an apartment building in Mariupol found 200 bodies in the basement, Ukrainian authorities said Tuesday, as more horrors come to light in the ruined city that has seen some of the worst suffering of the 3-month-old war.

The bodies were decomposing and the stench hung over the neighborhood, said Petro Andryushchenko, an adviser to the mayor. He did not say when they were discovered, but the sheer number of victims makes it one of the deadliest known attacks of the war...
Read more: https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... 0450da3131
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Denmark offers Ukraine Harpoon missiles to fight Russia’s Black Sea blockade

By Andrew Jeong
May 24, 2022 at 4:33 a.m. EDT
Denmark’s plan to send Harpoon anti-ship missiles and a launcher to Ukraine would provide Kyiv with an advanced weapon that can poke a hole in Russia’s naval blockade, potentially allowing for the resumption of grain exports via the Black Sea. ... But it may take months for the Ukrainian military to be trained to use the weapons and to integrate them into the country’s coastal defense systems, military experts said, indicating that the missiles will not be an instant game changer.

The United States developed Harpoon missiles during the Cold War. They are highly versatile and can be fired from surface ships, submarines, aircraft and land-based launch vehicles. U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin did not specify what variant Copenhagen had offered to send, but a 2013 guide to the missile system by manufacturer Boeing states that coastal defense systems use the land-based option.

{snip}

Malcolm Nance, a Navy veteran and former MSNBC analyst who volunteered to fight in Ukraine’s military last month, said on Twitter that Ukraine could use its Turkish-designed Bayraktar TB2 drones to support targeting. ... Some experts suggested that Russia might see such moves as escalation by NATO, but Nance played down that risk. “What are they gonna do. Invade Ukraine?” he wrote.
{snip}

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... ussia-war/
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

I didn't know my country had such weapons. Send them all..
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Samuel Ramani
@SamRamani2
BREAKING: The Pentagon estimates that Russia has lost nearly 1,000 tanks, 350 artillery pieces, three dozen bomber fixed wing aircraft and over 50 helicopters in Ukraine
Certain Russian user

Post by Certain Russian user »

Certain Russian user wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:50 pm From Telegram:
Local sources reporting the beginning of the assault on Liman by the Russian Armed Forces.
Liman

Again, from Telegram
Judging by the speed with which the Armed Forces of Ukraine are fleeing, the moral breakdown in Donbass has already happened. This is certainly not the final victory, but a very serious success. It would be very difficult to storm urban areas, considering enemy's numerical superiority. I sincerely admire the courage of the guys who took Mariupol (a huge city prepared for a long defense) and those who are now liberating the cities of Donbass one by one. In recent history, we have not yet seen such wars in dense urban areas, with the use of all types of weapons (excluding nuclear), and with so many personnel and equipment involved.

I’m afraid of one thing, that now they will decide to kill Zelensky, and their new Fuhrer (with the support of the “international community”) will start singing a song of peace, trying to win time and restore the combat capability. There is nothing worse than unfinished wars. The war must burn itself down and bring the final victory. Otherwise, it will not be peace, but a truce to benefit the loser.
Exactly. Browsing the enemy's media, I too noticed a sharp turn from triumphalism of recent days to anxiety and recognition that not everything is going well and Russian army have "temporary success". Even removing Zelensky is not impossible: now he is feverishly looking for scapegoats, and these can only be among the top military command, who, in turn, know perfectly well how the Ukrainian repressive machine works (after all, they themselves are part of it). So...
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
Certain Russian user

andmar74 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:45 pm
Yeah, send them all at once, with required personnel. Another target for another missile.
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

Certain Russian user wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:49 am
andmar74 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:45 pm
Yeah, send them all at once, with required personnel. Another target for another missile.
I wonder why the Russians have started sending T-62 tanks to Ukraine?
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Certain Russian user wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:46 am Browsing the enemy's media,
Why are they your enemy? What did they do to you?
Certain Russian user

wjfox wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:05 am
Certain Russian user wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:46 am Browsing the enemy's media,
Worst rhetorical question I've ever seen. Let me not answer.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Certain Russian user wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:50 am
wjfox wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:05 am
Worst rhetorical question I've ever seen. Let me not answer.
Worst answer I've ever seen. You can't even explain why you invaded another country? :lol: