Ukraine War Watch Thread

Yuli Ban

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

Can I ask what conclusion you are referring to?
You
(Caltrek)
are right.
I find a bit simplistic that the end of capitalism -if ever- equates mankind happiness and 5.000 years of civilization tends to prove it.

"I think that initially Pentagon planners"
No, we have the Pentagon Papers. "Initially" is the Atlantic Charter in the 40's.

"lost"
We were talking about the war, political/economic consequences 20 years later...

"No, there may still be a war."
We are talking about WW3 or shelling along a 1.000 km front, guerrillas in occupied territories is nothing to worry about (here, for us, not that much to worry about).

"...and of course the U.S. must never be allowed to use that excuse."
You are missing the irony... both walk like a duck.
Also, in "fighting" Wahhabism.

"Self-censored as in being"
Submissive to the power without the need for coercion.

Again, the A.I.M. may disagree about "extrajudicial killings" and I wouldn't be surprise to find more examples. In NI yes, but in US never?, in Spain, France, Germany... If I consider the history of honesty of the FBI, I am more than skeptic about it.

"What about at the middle-class"
I think you are missing something about "peasants", maybe your lack of vision? My point: are you a member of any Board of Directors? The day-to-day life of the people I met was not different to mine.

"Rumsfeld is a retired"
That doesn't mean a new policy, I haven't been able to read any announcement on that; an important one, I would say.
Governments, I am talking about westerns democracies, tend to keep what they fought from the opposition because it favours its interests.

"the situation may go nuclear, but still be contained"
I'm afraid not, we start wars... the containment -Vietnam- doesn't happen, it's always escalation, "winning".

"My point was in response to a person who focused of the theme of "two imperialist"
Yes, I know, but you cannot obviate the implications of your own words. The wishes of the catholics in NI are legitimate according to the British
Government?, the UN is going to decide on that?, the Atlantic Charter and a French colonial war... I am afraid I have to go back to hypocrisy about who is going to legitimize what according to its own interests.
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

"Russia has reached legal definition of ‘terrorist state’ under US law" The Guardian. UK.

Under the law of a state that was providing Osama Bin Laden with weapons and money.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Xyls wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:59 am

I wonder if a certain russian user is getting his mobilization papers at this moment?
Maybe he did. He's probably in the draft-eligible age group.

At least there will be one person in eastern Ukraine spreading the word about the Singularity.
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

Maybe he did. He's probably in the draft-eligible age group.

Unless he is a senator's son...
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:37 pm

Hard to believe Russia would do something this reckless.

But then, we've been living in this weird timeline since 2016 or so, and 2022 has itself been crazy... so who knows. If they really do this, it will take the conflict to an entirely new and unpredictable level.
raklian

Post by raklian »

wjfox wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:23 pm
Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:37 pm

Hard to believe Russia would do something this reckless.

But then, we've been living in this weird timeline since 2016 or so, and 2022 has itself been crazy... so who knows. If they really do this, it will take the conflict to an entirely new and unpredictable level.
I'm actually concerned about what the United States will do in response. The military's spokesperson confirmed they told Moscow privately what will happen should they use a nuke in Ukraine.

Whatever it is they told Moscow is something they will certainly follow through. It WILL have "horrific consequences" for Russia. :?

Is Russia stupid enough to think the United States is bluffing, like Dmitry Medvedev saying NATO won't get involved regardless of what happens?
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
raklian

Post by raklian »

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.