Ukraine War Watch Thread

wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by wjfox »

Certain Russian user wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:25 pm The American (now Ukrainian) HIMARS carried out a successful strike on the Yelenovka prison colony, where Ukrainian POWs were kept. By preliminary reports, 53 POWs were killed (mostly while sleeping).
More likely your country did this, and is trying to shirk the blame. It's almost impossible to believe anything you or your psychotic leaders are saying.

Footage has also emerged of Russians castrating Ukrainian soldiers.

In other news, all bridges linking Kherson to the rest of occupied Ukraine have been damaged, such that heavy vehicles can no longer traverse them. The Russians now have to decide whether to stay in Kherson and die for Putin, or withdraw.
Certain Russian user

Post by Certain Russian user »

wjfox wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:37 pm
Certain Russian user wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:25 pm The American (now Ukrainian) HIMARS carried out a successful strike on the Yelenovka prison colony, where Ukrainian POWs were kept. By preliminary reports, 53 POWs were killed (mostly while sleeping).
More likely your country did this
My country is now saving the lives of those wounded POWs (not all of them were killed, obviously). That's the fundamental difference between us and that's why we will eventually win: Russians are staying humans no matter what. And this is much more difficult task than just win a fight.
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Torture, Disappearances in Occupied South - Apparent War Crimes by Russian Forces in Kherson, Zaporizhzhia Regions
July 22, 2022

Introduction:
(Human Rights Watch) (Kyiv) – Russian forces have tortured, unlawfully detained, and forcibly disappeared civilians in the occupied areas of Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions, Human Rights Watch said today. Russian forces have also tortured prisoners of war (POWs) held there.

“Russian forces have turned occupied areas of southern Ukraine into an abyss of fear and wild lawlessness,” said Yulia Gorbunova, senior Ukraine researcher at Human Rights Watch. “Torture, inhumane treatment, as well as arbitrary detention and unlawful confinement of civilians, are among the apparent war crimes we have documented, and Russian authorities need to end such abuses immediately and understand that they can, and will, be held accountable.”

Human Rights Watch spoke with 71 people from Kherson, Melitopol, Berdyansk, Skadovsk and 10 other cities and towns in the Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions. They described 42 cases in which Russian occupation forces either forcibly disappeared civilians or otherwise held them arbitrarily, in some cases incommunicado, and tortured many of them. Human Rights Watch also documented the torture of three members of the Territorial Defense Forces who were POWs. Two of them died.

The purpose of the abuse seems to be to obtain information and to instill fear so that people will accept the occupation, as Russia seeks to assert sovereignty over occupied territory in violation of international law, Human Rights Watch said.

People interviewed described being tortured, or witnessing torture, through prolonged beatings and in some cases electric shocks. They described injuries including broken ribs and other bones and teeth, severe burns, concussions, broken blood vessels in the eye, cuts, and bruises.
Read more here: https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/07/22/uk ... ied-south
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Ukrainina Officials Claim Russia Shelled Already Taken Territory to Cover Up War Crimes
by Jason Lemon
July 29, 2022

Introduction:
(Newsweek) Ukrainian officials accused Russia of shelling a separatist region in the east of Ukraine, which Moscow already controls, in an effort to cover up war crimes.

The accusation from Kyiv came after Russia alleged that Ukrainian-fired HIMARS [High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems] had killed more than 40 Ukrainian prisoners of war detained in Olenivka, which is part of the Russian-backed self-declared Donetsk People's Republic.

"Ukrainian security forces fired [U.S.-supplied] HIMARS rockets at a pre-trial detention center near Olenivka tonight," Russia's defense ministry said Friday, according to The Moscow Times. It reported that 40 Ukrainian POWs were killed and more than 80 others were wounded.

Top Kyiv officials rejected the claim, saying that Russia had slaughtered the POWs and then falsely blamed the violence on Ukraine's HIMARS.
Further Extract:
Newsweek could not independently verify Ukraine's or Russia's accusations. Newsweek reached out to the Russian foreign ministry for comment.
Read more here: https://www.newsweek.com/russia-shelle ... a-1729262
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Video of Russian Soldier Allegedly Castrating Ukraine POW Sparks Outrage
by Brendan Cole
July 29, 2022

Introduction:
(Newsweek) A video that purportedly shows a Ukrainian prisoner of war being mutilated by a Russian soldier has caused outrage.

The clip, posted on a pro-Russian account on Telegram, shows a man in a Ukrainian uniform with his hands tied behind his back pinned down, while a man in a Russian uniform and a black hat uses what look like bolt cutters to apparently castrate him.

Newsweek has not independently verified the footage but The Times of London's assistant foreign editor, Maxim Tucker, has tweeted that the video is "genuine" according to the investigative website Bellingcat.

Newsweek has contacted Bellingcat and the Russian defense ministry for comment.
Read more here: https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukrain ... o-1728988
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

I wouldn't call it a vested interest though I will say the Ukraine stuff has caught my eye due to an acquaintance being from there. All its done where I'm currently at is put the focus on the beautiful Slavic women from there which has been a GREAT thing. So many Gingers along with so many beautiful White women in general with blue eyes. Eastern Europe seems to do something to make all the women there, for the most part, so beautiful.
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

In other news, all bridges...
All of them?, how many are there?, including pontoons, ferries and rafts?
whether to stay in Kherson...
Things are usually a bit more complicated... and take longer.

Also, -and I have no idea here, but it is always the same story- shelling to cover war crimes?, what's the point?, the government
-every government- is going to say that it never happen... and that's it.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Nanotechandmorefuture wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:18 pm I wouldn't call it a vested interest though I will say the Ukraine stuff has caught my eye due to an acquaintance being from there. All its done where I'm currently at is put the focus on the beautiful Slavic women from there which has been a GREAT thing. So many Gingers along with so many beautiful White women in general with blue eyes. Eastern Europe seems to do something to make all the women there, for the most part, so beautiful.
WTF.
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

I agree with you: WTF!
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

ibm9000 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:45 am ...

Also, -and I have no idea here, but it is always the same story- shelling to cover war crimes?, what's the point?, the government
-every government- is going to say that it never happen... and that's it.
There is a tendency for governments to lie about such things. Still, that should not lead to a false equivalency. Democracies are not equivalent to totalitarian dictatorships. Rarely, do you find a case of a pure democracy, or a pure totalitarian dictatorship. Hypocrisy often rears its ugly head in countries that are otherwise democratic. Still, there are gradations of difference that need to be recognized. Otherwise, you may one day end up waking up in a totalitarian dictatorship in which you will suddenly recognize that there was a big difference after all.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill