Ukraine War Watch Thread

caltrek

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by caltrek »

Russia’s Demolition of Roadway Over Dam Seen In Incredible Video
by Stetson Payne
November , 2022

Introduction:
(The Drive) Footage shows Russian forces blowing the bridge at Nova Kakhovka Dam after fleeing the Dnieper’s western bank on November 11.

The massive explosion left a huge cloud of smoke in its wake and brilliant secondary explosions at nearby transmission lines. Attacks on Russian positions in the nearby city reportedly continued after the bridge blew, as well.

(See article linked below for Twitter feeds)

Ukrainian strikes targeted this and other Russian-held crossings on the Dnieper throughout the summer, notably the Antonivsky Bridge closer to the city of Kherson. New drone footage showed what remains of the bridge partially submerged in the Dnieper.

Kyiv claimed in October that Russia had rigged the dam to explode, threatening to flood areas downstream to cover its retreat. In our exclusive interview with Ukraine's intel chief, Maj. Gen. Kyrylo Budanov, he made it clear the roadways are likely Russia's target:
Read more here: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ ... ble-video

Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
raklian

Post by raklian »

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

Spade.
I didn't start by calling anybody spade, I haven't called myself spade and I didn't start any deep, introspective exploration of my my feelings about calling somebody spade.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Murder of Yevgeny Nuzhin

Yevgeny Anatolievich Nuzhin (1967 – November 2022) was a convicted Russian murderer who enlisted in Wagner Group during the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine. After defecting to the Ukrainian side he was extrajudicially murdered by the Wagner Group for alleged treason in Russia.

Life
Nuzhin was born in 1967.[1] As a young man, Nuzhin had served in the Ministry of Interior of the Russian Army. In 1999, he murdered a person and wounded another for which he was sent to prison for 24 years. In jail he married a woman named Olga Viktorovna[2] with whom he had two sons.[3][4] He was sentenced to an additional four years in prison for an attempted escape.[3] He spent the first four years of his sentence in special rigor camps in northern Ural. Later, he was sent to IK3 prison in Razan. After three years he was sent to Vladimir after which he returned to Razan.[2] While in prison, he maintained social media accounts. He expressed support for the annexation of Crimea and the invasion of Ukraine.[3]

In July 2022,[2] he joined Wagner Group after Yevgeny Prigozhin visited his prison in Razan region. After training for seven days, on 25 August he was sent to the Luhansk region and on 2 September he arrived on the frontline.[2] On 4 September, he decided to surrender.[1][5] Following his surrender, he gave an interview to Ukrainian journalist Yuri Butusov, stating that he had only joined the Wagner Group to get out of prison and quickly surrender to Ukraine. He argued that he was opposed to the Russian invasion, and expressed his hope to stay in Ukraine[6] and the wish to fight for the Armed Forces of Ukraine.[6][1][5]

On 11 November 2022, while walking in the streets of Kyiv, he was allegedly kidnapped, although it is possible Wagner forced him to tell this to warn others.[5][3] According to Human rights group Gulagu.net, he was either recaptured or passed back to the Russian Army which handed him over to Wagner Security Service. According to the Telegram channel "Cheka-OGPU", Nuzhin was returned on 11 November in a 45 to 45 prisoner exchange.[3] On 12 November, a Wagner Group–affiliated Telegram channel released a video titled The hammer of revenge[5] showing his "execution for treachery" using a sledgehammer. Yevgeny Prigozhin, chief of Wagner Group claimed responsibility for his killing saying that it was "dog's death for the dog."[5][7]

Gulag.net called on Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to investigate how Nuzhin ended up in Wagner Group captivity despite having surrendered to Ukraine.[6] Nuzhin's relatives in Russia blamed Ukraine for allowing him to be killed, though his sons also stated that the Russian Federal Security Service was "looking for them" to ensure their silence on the matter.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Yevgeny_Nuzhin
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

ibm9000 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:48 am
Spade.
I didn't start by calling anybody spade, I haven't called myself spade and I didn't start any deep, introspective exploration of my my feelings about calling somebody spade.
Well, at least this is closer to the truth than an oversimplified statement saying that I called you unrealistic.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Scenes of Joy Spread in Ukraine After Russia’s Withdrawal From Kherson
by Inae Oh
November 12, 2022

Introduction:
(Mother Jones) For nearly nine months, the people of Kherson, Ukraine, had been living under Russian occupation, with countless families forced to live without basic means including food, running water, and electricity. But after Russian troops suddenly announced a retreat from the city on Friday, scenes of joy have brought a reprieve from the brutality of the war.

Videos and images quickly began flooding social media, showing Ukrainians taking to the streets to celebrate a rare moment of peace in southern Ukraine, where the fighting between Ukrainian and Russian forces has been especially intense. The liberation of Kherson comes as a critical blow to Russian President Vladimir Putin, who just last month had declared Kherson among four Ukrainian regions to have been annexed into Russia “forever.”
One especially poignant video clip shared online by Myroslava Petsa, a Ukrainian journalist working for BBC News, showed a grandmother weeping with joy at the sight of her grandson, a Ukrainian solder:

(See article linked below for Twitter feeds)

Yet, the knowledge that the retreat is a humiliating setback for Putin added to fears that Russia will launch further onslaught. Speaking to reporters, Ukrainians expressed fears of Russian military retaliation: “Everybody expects something. Everybody is afraid,” a hairdresser told the New York Times, amid the celebration. Those concerns were echoed by Ukrainian President Zelensky, who urged Ukrainians to exercise extreme caution in the days ahead.
Read more here: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2 ... s-of-joy/
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Meanwhile in Luhansk.

Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Also:

ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

Xyls wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:06 pm Also:

Publicity stunt?
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

SBU(Kiev) kills member of Ukrainian negotiations team.
One traitor (Saldo) confirmed the death of another traitor.
Kirill Stremousov is DEAD.
Goodbye, traitor.
Murder of Yevgeny Nuzhin.
Yes, some humans are more equal than others.

Kiev was never surrounded nor under siege. Kherson didn't fall nor was taken. Full swing Fairy Tales or they (western Media) have no idea what they are talking about?, both?