Ukraine War Watch Thread

Yuli Ban

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

“I still have the feeling that we are not taking this seriously enough, including what's going on in Lithuania as well," Landsbergis told reporters in Brussels after the EU foreign minister's meeting on Monday.

Some 100,000 Russian troops have amassed near the Ukrainian border in recent weeks. NATO has warned Moscow it would face large-scale strategic and economic consequences in case of an invasion.

Russia rejects such concerns and says its moves are aimed at preventing Ukraine from joining NATO.

Landsbergis warns Russia wants more than just to "rattle its saber" or cause temporary unrest in the region.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Really raw footage of war

caltrek

Post by caltrek »

^^^Message reads: "This video is age restricted and only available on You Tube."

I guess I am just too young to read it. :)
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

caltrek

Post by caltrek »

^^^Oh, its like a virtual friend of mine declared in another forum...one of these centuries they are going to blow us all up. Standard brinksmanship tactics...wage psychological war with threats, etc. Then "negotiate" a solution to your maximum advantage. Sooner or later, a miscalculation will occur. Meanwhile, of course, it is us pacifists who are being "unrealistic."

Right.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

U.S. to Consider Russia's NATO proposal, but Calls Some Demands "Unacceptable"
by Zachary Basu
December 17, 2021

https://www.axios.com/russia-nato-ukrai ... 3bda6.html

Introduction:
(Axios) The Russian government released the draft of a new treaty proposal with NATO that would rule out eastward expansion and all military activity in former Soviet republics, as the threat of another Russian invasion of Ukraine looms over Europe.

Driving the news: A senior Biden administration official told reporters on Friday that the U.S. is prepared to discuss Russia's proposals with its allies, but said that "there are some things in those documents that the Russians know will be unacceptable."
  • NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg has previously condemned similar demands by Russia, insisting that Moscow "has no veto" over whether Ukraine or any other sovereign nation joins the alliance.
  • The senior Biden official said that the U.S. would return to Russia with a more "concrete proposal" next week, once it has time to consult with its allies.
  • The official stressed that there would be no new agreements on European security "without Europeans in the room."
Last edited by caltrek on Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill