andmar74

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by andmar74 »

ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

missile visited a meeting of the Ukrainian Air Force
So...
You were present at the meeting?, after the meeting, I mean, to count the corpses, or is this another fairy-tale?, an eastern one instead of a western one.

On the other hand, that there was no "battle fo Kiev" is something we all should know, as we should know that it was never surrounded and never under siege; and the battle for Kharkov is another fairy-tale.

I really wonder how many people keep things in mind.

It is even possible that Russia cedes Kherson -I don't think so- and moves south of the river; I think it would be easier to create a 10km, scorched earth area around it, just with artillery. Who knows, maybe the have ammo and planes, to do that.
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

this "battle" has ended in late march
You are misreading that Aussie, the "strategy" -the word should be "tactic"- was used around Kiev, that is what he is saying brought "victory".

Something like... attrition was invented around Kiev in 2022. Also, that the enemy leaves doesn't mean you force him to do it. Again and for both sides...

Confident language by an officer is not usually regarded as evidence of competency. J. E. Johnston.
Certain Russian user

Post by Certain Russian user »

ibm9000 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:10 am So...
You were present at the meeting?, after the meeting, I mean, to count the corpses, or is this another fairy-tale?
No, yourhonor, I wasn't there. As well as I didn't witnessed, say, the murder of Gaius Julius Caesar by Roman senators in 44 BC. Fortunately, for most cases the personal presence is not necessary, there are other ways to make conclusions (with a sufficient degree of certainty) what is true and what is not. I made my conclusions and that's enough. You made your own, but I don't really care (though, if you're going to explain where exactly and why I'm wrong, I'm all ears).
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Ukraine steps up attacks on Russian-occupied Kherson
Wed 27 Jul 2022 09.39 BST

A key Russian-held bridge into the occupied southern city of Kherson has been hit with a barrage of rocket fire by Ukrainian forces, who appear to be stepping up operations to isolate the city.

Video and witness accounts pointed to up to 18 detonations on the Antonivskiy Bridge over the Dnieper River, one of the main Russian resupply routes into Kherson, with Russian anti-missile air defences apparently failing to intercept the strikes. A second railway bridge upstream was also hit.

The latest strike on the bridge came as Ukraine’s navy confirmed on Wednesday that work had started at three Ukrainian Black Sea ports aimed at preparing for the resumption of grain exports.

Ukraine’s armed forces published a one-minute clip on Telegram showing the rocket fire on the bridge just after 1am on Wednesday. “The moment of the flight over the Antonivskiy Bridge,” the force said.

A spokesperson for the Ukrainian military’s southern command, Nataliya Humenyuk, told Ukrainian TV that “surgical strikes” were carried out on the bridge. We are not destroying the infrastructure, we are destroying the enemy’s plans,” she added.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ed-kherson
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

say, the murder of Gaius Julius Caesar

Say... the hostages and the evacuation in Sverodonestk?, but you were using different words then, not "a sufficient degree of certainty". It seems that you use your imagination to draw your conclusions and when the facts don't fit, you just forget about it.

Still, I don't think we will have to wait until October, the offensive that never happened, I cannot see it now.
Certain Russian user

ibm9000 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:47 pm Say... the hostages and the evacuation in Sverodonestk?
And where was I wrong? There were a lot of interviews with those liberated hostages... you couldn't see them, obviously, since those interviews would completely ruin your side's narrative of intrepid nation with almost religious faith in democracy fighting the megalomaniac tyrant probably dying from cancer and so on.

The very fact that this story of hostages seems implausible to you, says a lot... as I wrote above, I made (long ago) my conclusions and that's enough.
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
Certain Russian user

ibm9000 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:47 pm Still, I don't think we will have to wait until October, the offensive that never happened, I cannot see it now.
Ukrainian offensive on Herson direction? Yes, the preparations are underway, this is obvious. Few days ago they managed to cross the Inhulets river, dividing zones of control, and captured the Andriivka village on our shore (clearly a foothold for further offensive). Then they came under heavy artillery fire and, yesterday, returned (not all) on their shore.

PS I wasn't there. Just saying...
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

a lot of interviews
Where are those interviews?, not in the West. Only Russian Media?, with a soldier present? Any one of those hostages is back in Ukraine, telling the same story to the Western Media?
You make a statement to the Police, but then you have to tell the same story before a judge.
and captured the Andriivka village
That is a local counterattack; getting to the gates of Kiev in two days, that is an offensive. Also, the continuos local attacks along a wide area for a long period of time in Luhansk.
and that's enough.
That doesn't sound very scientific, more like a tantrum.
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

PS: You forgot about the soldiers slipping away.