Ukraine War Watch Thread

funkervogt

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by funkervogt »

THE gruesome remains of soldiers from World War Two complete with Nazi helmets have been unearthed in the Ukrainian reservoir emptied by a devastating dam blast last week.

Haunting footage shows decayed skulls eerily jutting out of the sodden ground in wake of the explosion that caused apocalyptic floods and sparked fears of a nuclear catastrophe.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/8349588/na ... d-kherson/
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Canada to help Ukraine with another $500M and weapons, Trudeau says

Posted June 10, 2023 7:15 am

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canada is committing another $500 million to help Ukraine’s military fight back against Russia’s invasion, including by sending more weapons.

Trudeau made the announcement during an unannounced visit to Kyiv to show Canada’s support for the fight against Russia, and told the country’s parliament they are in a battle for “the future of us all.”

“You are the tip of the spear that is determining the future of the 21st century,” Trudeau said during a 25-minute speech before a special session of the national legislature, known as the Verkhovna Rada.

Pledging more weapons and fighter-pilot training for Ukraine, Trudeau also told the lawmakers that Canada will support their country’s bid for membership in the NATO military alliance.

“We want peace on Ukrainian terms,” he said. “Russia must completely and unconditionally withdraw all its military forces from Ukraine.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/9760011/just ... isit-2023/
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

The Russian military released a video of its troops inspecting several German and American tanks captured from a Ukrainian unit.
eacao

Post by eacao »

Former Israeli Prime Minister, Naftali Bennett, claims in an interview that in March 2022 he had mediated a peace deal between Zelenski and Putin, but the Biden Administration torpedoed the deal in order to keep the war alive.

"You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future",
"Nearly all men can endure adversity. If you want to test a man's character, give him power",
"If you're going through Hell, keep going".
raklian

Post by raklian »

eacao wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:30 pm Former Israeli Prime Minister, Naftali Bennett, claims in an interview that in March 2022 he had mediated a peace deal between Zelenski and Putin, but the Biden Administration torpedoed the deal in order to keep the war alive.
I think this is an unnecessary distraction and should not be given foremost importance in anyone's mind. President Biden has said multiple times negotiations between Ukraine and Russia should be on Ukraine's terms (e.g. - Russia giving back all of occupied territory to Ukraine, etc.), so if there is any truth to the interference by President Biden, he was probably doing it as a favor to Ukraine and Europe for obvious reasons.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
eacao

Post by eacao »

raklian wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:48 pm I think this is an unnecessary distraction and should not be given foremost importance in anyone's mind. President Biden has said multiple times negotiations between Ukraine and Russia should be on Ukraine's terms (e.g. - Russia giving back all of occupied territory to Ukraine, etc.), so if there is any truth to the interference by President Biden, he was probably doing it as a favor to Ukraine and Europe for obvious reasons.
Zelensky: Yes, okay, these terms are acceptable to me, I want peace.
Putin: Yes, me too. We can have peace.
Biden: No, Zelensky, you have to keep fighting.
Naftali: I'm not sure this is a good idea. I get your point, Biden, but the parties are ready to agree to peace.
*Biden to the American people*: We want peace on Ukraine's terms!
*Response*: I stand with Ukraine!
Ukrainian youth dying in droves for 16 more months: мати...

Your comment was basically, "I know what's in the best interest of Ukraine better than Ukrainian people."
"You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future",
"Nearly all men can endure adversity. If you want to test a man's character, give him power",
"If you're going through Hell, keep going".
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

After two weeks, Ukraine's counteroffensive has achieved little. Even Zelensky admits the operation has been disappointing so far.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/22/politics ... index.html
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Russia's destruction of the Kakhovka Dam has caused all the irrigation canals running into Crimea to go dry. An act meant to hobble the Ukrainian counteroffensive will have long-lasting consequences for the people living in the parts of Ukraine Russia annexed.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65963403

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Crimean_Canal
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Moscow Strikes Kill 'Huge' Number of Wagner Forces - Prigozhin
Source: AFP/Moscow Times
The chief of Russian mercenary group Wagner on Friday accused Moscow's military leadership of ordering strikes on their camps and killing a "huge" number of forces.

"We were ready to make concessions to the Defense Ministry, surrender our weapons," Yevgeny Prigozhin said in a furious audio message released by his spokespeople.

"Today, seeing that we have not been broken, they conducted missile strikes at our rear camps."

He vowed to "stop" Moscow's top military leadership and called on Russians not to resist his forces.

-snip-
Read more: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2023/06/ ... hin-a81615
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »