Ukraine War Watch Thread

Certain Russian user

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by Certain Russian user »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:45 am making "enemy list"
Not "enemy list", rather a tall and shining monument to... well, let's politely call it incompetence and overconfidence. I thought it was obvious from the piece you yourself quoted.
Cyber_Rebel wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:45 am shitty pandemic this year... the resulting refugee crisis from it...
As bachelor Caltrek once said (replying to my mentioning of killed Russian children):
caltrek wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:58 pm you sure do whine a lot.
Still, a tiny step in right direction. From gloating of first days "buahaha, their invasion completely failed, they're already running out of ammo and food, their ruble became rubble... and very soon..." to uneasy grumbling "but what if not... and what the hell is going on, we thought those sanctions were meant to punish ruskies, not us..."

Stay strong! As saying goes "unfortunately today is worse than yesterday, but fortunately is still better than tomorrow". I suspect your today's fears and concerns are trifles compared to your tomorrow's reality. But refugee crisis will unlikely to affect you. The Atlantic Ocean is wide enough and you will not have to meet those Ukrainians in person. Although, perhaps, it would have been an interesting and sobering experience...
Cyber_Rebel wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:45 am Hi Russia :roll: , with love from America
Oh please, stop it! I always prefer rude and honest curses over slimy and insincere "friendliness". And we are by no means friends.
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

The bottom line is, you shouldn't be in Ukraine. You broke international law, you invaded a sovereign nation. Thousands of civilians have died as a result of Russia's actions, millions more have been displaced, and war crimes have been reported. The psychological damage, particularly for children, will be immense and have long-lasting consequences.

Large portions of Ukraine have been destroyed, resulting in $100 billion in damage. This war is now contributing to a global food crisis, causing untold suffering to millions around the world. If you don't wish to follow international law then you must accept that Russia is now a rogue state, you are the aggressors here. This follows a pattern that has been obvious for many years now. Russia just can't accept that it's no longer a superpower.

The only reason I haven't banned you yet is because I'm morbidly curious to see the perspective from a brainwashed little Putin sycophant, and it's interesting to see just how effective your evil, megalomaniacal, psychopathic leader's propaganda has really been.

You contribute nothing to this forum, except this constant vile gloating and denial. You haven't shown even the slightest empathy or consideration for the victims in this war. To you, it's all about poor little Russia and this constant, imaginary "threat" and victimhood. The truth is, the rest of us just want to live in peace and we have precisely ZERO interest in threatening Russia. Your country will now become increasingly irrelevant as the world shifts to clean energy and you are further isolated from the world. But it seems that is what you want. So be it.
Certain Russian user

wjfox wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:28 am The only reason I haven't banned you yet is because I'm morbidly curious to see the perspective from a brainwashed little Putin sycophant, and it's interesting to see just how effective your evil, megalomaniacal, psychopathic leader's propaganda has really been.
Hmm... It seems I hit a nerve. But I already told you, ban at any time, I no longer care. It seems our feelings are mutual: I, too, merely interested in observing the brainfucked "woke" public and their reaction to current events. Yes, true, there are users I respect, but there are few (some are long gone), and you're not one of them.
wjfox wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:28 am You contribute nothing to this forum.
I think my contribution was enough. Look at this forum stats: about 17.7 thousand posts, about 12.3 thousand of them are "News and Current Events", another 2.6 thousand are "Offtopic". This is essentially a news forum, futurism is just an addition. This, of course, is not your fault.

That's all I wanted to say. Enjoy your "green transition", discuss the nuances of relationships between sixty genders, wait for miraculous technologies that will soon fulfill your bizarre escapist fantasies and will make you the lone hedonist demigod... And for God's' sake, do not forget to blaze with rage at "bigots and conspiracy theorists" outside your circle.

And I'll better watch at this from a safe distance.
Last edited by Certain Russian user on Fri May 20, 2022 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Certain Russian user wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:48 pm brainfucked "woke" public and their reaction to current events.
What does that even mean? How should I react to your country's illegal invasion? Genuine question.
Certain Russian user wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:48 pm Enjoy your "green transition"
Yep, I will. Thanks. 100% clean energy means better air quality, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, thousands of new jobs, reduced market volatility and an end to our reliance on hostile foreign regimes for a dwindling, finite resource that causes myriad other economic/social/political problems in addition to environmental ones. We won't be blackmailed by Russia anymore. :)
Certain Russian user wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:48 pm discuss the nuances of relationships between sixty genders
Showing your homophobia and transphobia again, I see. Not sure how this relates to the invasion of Ukraine. And I don't know why you'd feel threatened by such people.
Certain Russian user wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:48 pm
And I'll better watch at this from a safe distance.
You always say that. And then always return. ;)
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Certain Russian user wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:26 am
Cyber_Rebel wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:45 am ...
As bachelor Caltrek once said (replying to my mentioning of killed Russian children):
caltrek wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:58 pm you sure do whine a lot.
Still, a tiny step in right direction. From gloating of first days "buahaha, their invasion completely failed, they're already running out of ammo and food, their ruble became rubble... and very soon..." to uneasy grumbling "but what if not... and what the hell is going on, we thought those sanctions were meant to punish ruskies, not us..."

Stay strong! As saying goes "unfortunately today is worse than yesterday, but fortunately is still better than tomorrow". I suspect your today's fears and concerns are trifles compared to your tomorrow's reality. But refugee crisis will unlikely to affect you. The Atlantic Ocean is wide enough and you will not have to meet those Ukrainians in person. Although, perhaps, it would have been an interesting and sobering experience...
This sounds like it came straight out of Adolf Hitler's playbook. He also felt that turning the Jews into refugees would be a good propaganda ploy, very close to creating an "interesting and sobering" experience. It is bad enough that Putin's Russia must rush to victimize innocents, yet you insist on blaming the victims on top of all that. Your love affair with reactionary, even fascist, elements grows more apparent by the day.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
joe00uk

Post by joe00uk »

I, for one, am actually interested in the perspective of a Russian living in Russia because all we're allowed to see from our own official media is constant Ukraine cheerleading - despite our countries (UK, USA, etc) having zero obligation to support Ukraine. We really don't have to involve ourselves in every single foreign conflict. The fact that we're trying to do so now is wreaking far more havoc on ourselves than on Russia, which was the obvious result from the beginning. So much for Russia becoming irrelevant...

It's also interesting (in a morbid way) to see how all this hatred against Russia could be applied just as liberally to our own regimes which within all our lifetimes broke international law by invading sovereign nations and slaughtering hundreds of thousands of civilians. That's sadly just what empires and other great powers do. Is it nice? No. Is whipping up some huge moral panic about it going to stop it? Also no. It's up there among the world's most pointless activities.
Certain Russian user

wjfox wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:24 pm
Certain Russian user wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:48 pm And I'll better watch at this from a safe distance.
You always say that. And then always return. ;)
Not so fast! I didn't yet say farewell, I'll just try to refrain from unnecessary (to me) debates, but keep posting the unpleasant (to you), but bare and easily verifiable facts. Other words, I'm going to stay the...
Certain Russian user wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:52 am Thick Rusty Nail of Reality mercilessly hammered into Sparkling Crystal Castle of your wishful thinking.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Time for Russia to get out of Ukraine for its own good or don't be shocked if your country fails.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

joe00uk wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:01 pm I, for one, am actually interested in the perspective of a Russian living in Russia because all we're allowed to see from our own official media is constant Ukraine cheerleading - despite our countries (UK, USA, etc) having zero obligation to support Ukraine. We really don't have to involve ourselves in every single foreign conflict. The fact that we're trying to do so now is wreaking far more havoc on ourselves than on Russia, which was the obvious result from the beginning. So much for Russia becoming irrelevant...

It's also interesting (in a morbid way) to see how all this hatred against Russia could be applied just as liberally to our own regimes which within all our lifetimes broke international law by invading sovereign nations and slaughtering hundreds of thousands of civilians. That's sadly just what empires and other great powers do. Is it nice? No. Is whipping up some huge moral panic about it going to stop it? Also no. It's up there among the world's most pointless activities.
Difference is, when US, UK, etc have done such things in recent history, there was (arguable) provocation (9/11), people debated the decision, disagreed with it, and the media often questioned it etc. Here there was no inciting incident to attempt to justify Putin's action, no means of debating that decision in Russia, and Russian media is a propaganda machine only. For most of 20 years I was against the war in Iraq, and didn't really care who knew it. In Russia it's against the law to even say this is a war or invasion.
joe00uk

Post by joe00uk »

Vakanai wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:54 pm Difference is, when US, UK, etc have done such things in recent history, there was (arguable) provocation (9/11), people debated the decision, disagreed with it, and the media often questioned it etc. Here there was no inciting incident to attempt to justify Putin's action, no means of debating that decision in Russia, and Russian media is a propaganda machine only. For most of 20 years I was against the war in Iraq, and didn't really care who knew it. In Russia it's against the law to even say this is a war or invasion.
Russia also has arguable provocations for its actions which it has referred to extensively (i.e. the actions of Ukraine since the 2014 coup). The difference there, perhaps, is that 9/11 may be an even weaker excuse. It's honestly one of the laziest narratives ever crafted, especially given that neither Iraq nor Afghanistan had anything to do with the attack and that what evidence there is points to countries like Saudi Arabia being involved. Yes, it's true that dissent is stifled in Russia and there is heavy propaganda, but the same is true here. You will never see mainstream corporate media allow anything other than sycophantic cheerleading for Ukraine and the Kiev regime. Any other viewpoints, no matter how reasonable and balanced, are subject to censorship in the mainstream. Here, as in Russia, alternative viewpoints only really thrive on smaller outlets of independent media. It was the same with the Iraq War. Mainstream media in the West was largely uncritical and popular criticism of the war that existed outside of approved media outlets was completely ignored. The differences really aren't so great, and it's silly to think the West has any sort of moral high ground in this situation.