Ukraine War Watch Thread

wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by wjfox »

ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

Show this to everyone who thinks that Ukraine should stop fighting for its people.
Up the Taliban! They kept fighting and they send the Americans packing.
Something like that?
raklian

Post by raklian »

ibm9000 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:33 am
Show this to everyone who thinks that Ukraine should stop fighting for its people.
Up the Taliban! They kept fighting and they send the Americans packing.
Something like that?
You need to stop with your ceaseless application of whataboutisms. You're not scoring any points when you do it, so it's kind of pointless as they absolutely have nothing to do with the situation in Ukraine, you know? :?
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

absolutely have nothing to do with the situation in Ukraine...
They were living there, they were invaded.
Really?, nothing to do? I call it a historical fact, but... hey! (and I din't know I was here for the points).

I mention some time ago that the B-52 is not a dive-bomber and I will point that out even if you have the perfect strategy for a successful dinner.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

To not flood the feed with Ukraine war talk; it appears the missile crisis was likely caused by an off target Ukrainian missile:

NATO chief says Poland blast likely caused by Ukrainian missile — but not Ukraine’s fault

This is exactly why Article 5 should never be called in haste or haphazardly, as I stressed in the feed and members like Erowind have been stressing extreme caution from the very beginning. Mistakes happen, and you can't just roll the dice on perceptions without facts first. I think this incident also shows that NATO is not wanting a hot war nor looking for an excuse to, even if some disagree that they aren't doing enough for peace.

At the very least, I'm glad that a lot of people calling for WW3 yesterday aren't in charge right now, because they would've cost millions of lives over 2 lost by an accident.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:31 pm
At the very least, I'm glad that a lot of people calling for WW3 yesterday aren't in charge right now, because they would've cost millions of lives over 2 lost by an accident.
What's even frightening is that any one of them can become the President of the United States. President Trump set the precedent for pulling off an improbable feat by someone with that kind of mentality, although we were lucky he wasn't the kind of man who was so willing to dive into war with Russia which happens to be country he also had business dealings with. If it wasn't for that, well... :?
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Vile monsters.

-----

Alleged Russian ‘torture room’ uncovered in liberated Kherson

Wed 16 Nov 2022 14.00 GMT

Ukrainian investigators have uncovered a claimed “torture room“ in Kherson city where dozens of men were allegedly detained, electrocuted, beaten and some of them killed.

Police said Russian soldiers took over the juvenile detention centre in around mid-March and turned it into a prison for men who refused to collaborate with them or who were accused of partisan activity.

Three neighbours and two local shopkeepers said they started hearing screams about six weeks after they saw Russian soldiers take over the building. The witnesses said they started seeing people being taken in with bags on their heads, and some bodies being removed. 

Mykola Ivanovych, whose balcony overlooks the back yard of the detention centre, said he saw two bodies thrown into the garages behind the centre. The Guardian was with press and prosecutors when they first entered the site, and the bodies had been removed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ed-kherson

ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

GENEVA, Nov 15 (Reuters) - The U.N. human rights office (OHCHR) said on Tuesday that both Russia and Ukraine have tortured prisoners of war...
Bogner reported "credible allegations" of summary executions of Russian prisoners, noting that no progress has yet been seen in Ukrainian authorities' investigations into these cases.
Yes, we know.