Ukraine War Watch Thread

Certain Russian user

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by Certain Russian user »

caltrek wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:16 pm One does not commit war crimes against "our people" or allow one's soldiers to commit such crimes without consequences.
Exactly.

This whole "butchery of Bucha" story was so obvious and easily verifiable fake that I thought even Western propaganda will eventually drop this, the same way as they immediately dropped and "forgot" another "Russian atrocity" - missile strike on railway terminal in Kramatorsk - after fragments from this missile (Ukrainian "Tochka-U") with a serial number were found.

The story of Bucha was even more obvious:

1) Russian army left.

2) One day later the local mayor recorded a joyful video: victory, the city is returning to normal.

3) A "cleansing" from "collaborators" (codeword for locals who took Russian humanitarian aid) was announced.

4) Another day later they suddenly "noticed" hundreds of killed people lying on the streets.

Do you think this is the bottom? Not yet:

5) For many (about ten) days these dead people laid unburied where they were "found" to allow Western Big Bosses visit the site, shed crocodile tears, and take photos.

I don't expect to convince you, mr.Caltek (we know each other well enough, after all). Therefore let's just agree on this: whoever really did this, should regret he was even born. Сall me naive, but I believe that our world is fundamentally fair, and unleashed evil and lies always returns.
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Certain Russian user wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:43 pm
PS I'm unlikely to write anything else here (maybe another post after our victory, but that's all).
I mean that's a really indirect way to say that you are going to lose the war. Which is pretty evident to everyone else except Russia at this point.
Certain Russian user

Xyls wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:08 pm I mean that's a really indirect way to say that you are going to lose the war. Which is pretty evident to everyone else except Russia at this point.
Very wrong guess, but thank you. Your post was added to my collection of local pearls of wisdom.

Meanwhile:

Azovstal siege ends as hundreds of Ukrainian fighters surrender
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 022-05-17/

Among other news, the new pocket with 15-18 thousand Ukrainian soldiers inside was just formed in Severodonetsk-Lisichansk agglomeration... pretty evident indeed.

=== === ===

UPD Oh, and I forgot to congratulate everyone with today's precise strike on Western Ukraine... According to official release from Russian MOD, the target was Western military stuff and Ukrainian personnel. And according to howling and curses in Ukronet, Russian missiles successfully met their targets. :lol:
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
Certain Russian user

No offence, I just find this amusing that you, guys, keep celebrating your "coming victory" exactly when (judging even by Ukrainian own news) the "calm phase" seems to be over and Ukrainian positions in Donbass begins to crumble.

So, I'll surely visit this thread, from time to time.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Certain Russian user wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:44 pm
Xyls wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:08 pm I mean that's a really indirect way to say that you are going to lose the war. Which is pretty evident to everyone else except Russia at this point.
Very wrong guess, but thank you. Your post was added to my collection of local pearls of wisdom.

Meanwhile:

Azovstal siege ends as hundreds of Ukrainian fighters surrender
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 022-05-17/

Among other news, the new pocket with 15-18 thousand Ukrainian soldiers inside was just formed in Severodonetsk-Lisichansk agglomeration... pretty evident indeed.

=== === ===

UPD Oh, and I forgot to congratulate everyone with today's precise strike on Western Ukraine... According to official release from Russian MOD, the target was Western military stuff and Ukrainian personnel. And according to howling and curses in Ukronet, Russian missiles successfully met their targets. :lol:

Wow, that's awesome!

Your country is sooooo cool right now. We all really admire Russia and Putin – such an example to the world.

Perhaps England should invade France and reclaim some of its medieval territory. I'm sure that would make us popular too!

/s
Certain Russian user

wjfox wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:15 pm Perhaps England should invade France and reclaim some of its medieval territory.
Yes, that would be wonderful.
joe00uk

Post by joe00uk »

wjfox wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:15 pm We all really admire Russia and Putin – such an example to the world.
Well, perhaps he will become an example to other countries in the future. With Western hegemony crumbling, the world is becoming a more belligerent place, and the spoils are up for grabs.
Certain Russian user

joe00uk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:33 pm Well, perhaps he will become an example to other countries in the future. With Western hegemony crumbling, the world is becoming a more belligerent place, and the spoils are up for grabs.
Very true. The non-western world watching Russia not with admiration, but with great curiosity: "let's see what will happen to them... can we already do the same, or still not?"
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Mariupol fighters in Russian hands; both sides claim wins
Source: AP

By OLEKSANDR STASHEVSKYI and CIARAN McQUILLAN

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Hundreds of Ukrainian fighters, including wounded men carried out on stretchers, left the vast steel plant in Mariupol where they mounted a dogged last stand and turned themselves over to Russian hands, signaling the beginning of the end of a siege that became a symbol of Ukraine’s resistance to Moscow’s invasion.

Russia on Tuesday called the operation a mass surrender. The Ukrainians avoided using that word — but said the garrison had completed its mission, and that they were working to pull out the fighters that remain.

On Monday, more than 260 fighters left the Azovstal plant — their last redoubt in Mariupol — and were transported to two towns controlled by Moscow-backed separatists, officials on both sides said. Other fighters — their precise numbers unknown — remain inside the ruins of the fortified mill that sprawls over 11 square kilometers (4 square miles) in the otherwise Russian-held city.

Azovstal’s fall would mark the complete capture of Mariupol, a significant milestone in one of the bloodiest battles of the war. It would give Russia its biggest victory yet after multiple setbacks — both military and diplomatic. Its troops have suffered costly losses, and President Vladimir Putin is increasingly isolated internationally, with Finland and Sweden announcing in recent days that they intend to join NATO, a major blow to the Russian leader.

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... b83f2ca7e0
Certain Russian user

weatheriscool wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:22 pm Mariupol fighters in Russian hands; both sides claim wins
Yeah, love the wording.

But this is true. In today's Ukrainian media, you will hardly find the word "surrendered". Instead, people were informed that Azov militants "agreed to be evacuated into Russia-controlled territory". A kind of victory, indeed...