Ukraine War Watch Thread

Certain Russian user

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by Certain Russian user »

ibm9000 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:08 am
a lot of interviews
Where are those interviews?, not in the West.
Exactly what I meant.
ibm9000 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:08 am
and that's enough.
That doesn't sound very scientific, more like a tantrum.
Sigh... I'm too old to compete with you in this kind of trolling. Who knows, perhaps five or ten years ago... and now let's just drop it.
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Certain Russian user wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:37 pm
Xyls wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:34 pm Ukraine is confident that it will retake Kherson by September. The Russians are in an extremely poor position here. There are only two bridges crossing the Dniper river and Ukraine is consistently making them unusable with HIMAR systems to where the can't restock and reposition troops. There is a high likelihood that Russia will have to cede massive amounts of terrain or suffer massive losses to the Ukrainians here.
Yeah, that's exactly the reason I love to re-visit this thread from time to time... :lol:

Meanwhile, today Russian "musicians" completely took control of the Uglegorsk TPP. This was the difficult task since ukrops were well prepared for defence, and infrastructure had to be preserved (so, no missiles or artillery). Nevertheless, mission accomplished:

=== === ===

In general, this month after the liberation of Lysychansk was rather "calm". The daily missile strikes, as always, were bearing fruit: one can easily recruit another 10,000 conscripts to replace the dead, but this is not so easy to replace even 100 killed officers. Artillery did a great job, tactical successes here or there... and still, no large-scale offensive. The keyword of this month was "consolidation", rather even political than military: strengthening of new administrations in the liberated territories, rapid housing construction in Mariupol (winter is coming, and people need housing), preparation for accession referendums (so far, scheduled for september, but I'm not so sure). From what I learned from the media (never stated directly, but a lot of hints here and there, obvious for those reading "between the lines"), this "calm phase" should soon end.

Therefore, let's watch (as long as we don't have to participate).
I mean this is in Donetsk not Kherson so doesn't change anything I said about the situation there. I'm pretty sure the Ukrainians are straightening and consolidating their defences near Slovyansk and Kramatorsk anyways so that is where the real Ukrainian defensive line in the Donbas is anyways. The fact that Siverts and Bakhmut haven't fallen yet is more of an indication of Russian ineptness than strength.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Northern Ukraine Comes Under Burst of Russian Attacks
Source: Wall Street Journal
KYIV, Ukraine—Missiles and rockets rained down on northern Ukraine on Thursday morning, marking the first time in weeks that the Kyiv region, far from the fighting in the country’s east and south, has been hit.

A Kalibr cruise missile struck a military base in the Vyshgorod area, north of Kyiv, early Thursday morning, according to military officials. At least 20 rockets were fired from Belarus into northern Ukraine, according to Ukrainian officials. Nine hit the Chernihiv region, while air-defense systems took out others. Shells also hit the Kharkiv and Mykolaiv regions overnight, in Ukraine’s northeast and south respectively.

“Restless morning. Rocket terror again,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky wrote on Telegram on Thursday morning. “We will not be intimidated. Ukraine is an independent, free, indivisible state.”

Russian and Belarusian officials didn’t immediately comment on the strikes in northern Ukraine on Thursday.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/no ... r-AA103FiL
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

It hurt itself in its confusion! :lol:

ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

Exactly what I meant.
So, where is the link?, where can we see all those interviews?, in what newspapers am I going to get detailed information about it?
I'm too old to...
I don't think that fact-checking -let's call it information about those facts from different sources- has anything to do with age, maybe a bit with the scientific method.
You reached your conclusion -great for you, you are one step closer to happiness-, but some people are a bit more skeptic.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

Also...

The rouble is soaring and Putin is stronger than ever, our sanctions have backfired.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... sia-europe

Do we have any economist around?
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

funkervogt wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:40 pm Putin has recalled a morbidly obese, 67-year-old general from retirement, named "General Pavel," to command special operations troops in Ukraine after another general was seriously wounded.
“Most of his best and battle-hardened senior commanders have been killed or injured fighting in Ukraine so he is resorting to sending second rate officers to the front who don’t last very long.
“He is now dragging generals out of retirement and one of those is General Pavel.
“Putin is like a mafia boss who no one can refuse to obey. If a retired general gets a message from Putin saying mother Russia needs you to fight in Ukraine there is not much you can do. There is now escape from Russia thanks to the sanctions.”
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world- ... d-27326346
I just discovered this news story was false. The obese "General Pavel" was actually a retired Russian border guard named "Ivan Ivanovich Turchin," and the infamous photo of him was taken during a border guard ceremony.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:38 am
Ah, the McMoldy Burger.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Certain Russian user

Post by Certain Russian user »

The American (now Ukrainian) HIMARS carried out a successful strike on the Yelenovka prison colony, where Ukrainian POWs were kept. By preliminary reports, 53 POWs were killed (mostly while sleeping). Fortunately, there are no casualties among the Russian personnel.

"Procedure of extraction" zelensky-way... I mean these were not just ordinary noname POWS but "Azov" militants captured in Mariupol. Being captured, they became a serious headache for Zelensky regime, so Ukrainian authorities used HIMARS to execute them.

=== === ===

PS Five months of war have passed but Ukraine keeps amazing me... many times I thought "no, that's too cruel/mad/extreme even for them" and I was always wrong. :shock:
We are few, and the enemy is strong, but God is not in power, but in truth. Some with weapons, and others on horseback, but we call on the name of the Lord our God; they were defeated and fell, but we stood and stand straight.