World War III speculation

Yuli Ban

Re: World War III speculation

Post by Yuli Ban »

Cold fact is no one knows how the Ukraine War will end. I for one was sure that Russia was going to start moving their tactical nuclear launchers into place by now, but they haven't. Instead, they've gone all in on drone warfare, which completely shocked me and suggests a far different outcome for the war than I originally anticipated. Sure, there probably won't be a nuclear exchange, but this newfound focus on drones signals a massive and long-awaited, long-feared shift towards autonomous warfare. Indeed, Russia may actually achieve some of their aims far better if they focus on drones, such as by completely screwing with Ukraine's infrastructure in a way they can't possibly recover from and lead to the state basically becoming Syria 2.0, something they couldn't accomplish with easily targetable, not-so-easily replaceable boots on the ground, and without the international condemnation of the deployment of nuclear weapons. We currently do not respect drone warfare, nor do we consider drone swarms WMDs, so Russia can use them with relative impunity.

Who knows. If World War 3 erupts, the answer to Einstein's uncertainty may not be just nukes but also and perhaps even predominantly drones.
World War III will be fought with nukes and drones; World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

But getting back to the start, no one knows how this will end. Every smaller regional war in the past 77 years could have become World War 3. People were as convinced the Korean War, the Vietnam War, Yom Kippur War, and the Soviet-Afghan War were the start of WWIII as some are that the Russo-Ukraine War is. But of course it's possible that this one IS it. Ukraine means more to Russian identity than Korea, Vietnam, Israel, or Afghanistan, after all. It's also possible that we're going to look back upon these days in 2022 and think "We seriously thought THAT was the start of World War 3? We were really bored, weren't we."

I have my own feelings that I won't bore others with, but no one knows.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

World War 3 has been ongoing since at least the end of World War 2. I guess if humans and bots start fighting that will be World War 4. Damn man and all I wanted from the start was to make lots of currency, chillax, and eat lots of junk food and real food :lol:
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Putin ally: Western weapons supply to Ukraine will lead to 'global catastrophe'

1h ago 08.39 GMT

A close ally of Vladimir Putin has warned that the world faces a “global catastrophe” if Washington and NATO countries supply weapons that threaten Russian territories.

Vyacheslav Volodin, the speaker of the Duma - Russia’s lower house of parliament, said such action would also make arguments against using weapons of mass destruction “untenable”.

In a post on the messaging app Telegram, Volodin said that the United States and NATO’s support of Ukraine is leading the world to a “terrible war”.

He wrote:
"If Washington and NATO countries supply weapons that will be used to strike civilian cities and attempt to seize our territories, as they threaten, this will lead to retaliatory measures using more powerful weapons. Arguments that the nuclear powers have not previously used weapons of mass destruction in local conflicts are untenable."
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

And when will we learn nothing Russians say is to be taken seriously?
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

LBC Radio was talking about this today.

Given the situation in Ukraine, and the longer-term potential for escalation in Europe, there's been speculation among senior UK figures that it could happen at some point.

I would personally refuse, and find the idea completely insane.

Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:11 pm LBC Radio was talking about this today.

Given the situation in Ukraine, and the longer-term potential for escalation in Europe, there's been speculation among senior UK figures that it could happen at some point.

I would personally refuse, and find the idea completely insane.

Mine would be N/A as I have both Dyspraxia and Epilepsy.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Powers

Post by Powers »

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:15 pm
The game is rigged.
erowind

Post by erowind »

Xyls wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:00 pm And when will we learn nothing Russians say is to be taken seriously?
In all my days on this forum never have I written off an entire ethnicity like this. Blatant racism like this being accepted in liberal circles really sucks.

Perhaps the words you mean are “nothing the Russian oligarchy says is to be taken seriously.”

PheonixRu was a warmongering nationalist, but he’s right about one thing, russophobia is real.
Powers

Post by Powers »

erowind wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:09 am
Xyls wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:00 pm And when will we learn nothing Russians say is to be taken seriously?
In all my days on this forum never have I written off an entire ethnicity like this. Blatant racism like this being accepted in liberal circles really sucks.

Perhaps the words you mean are “nothing the Russian oligarchy says is to be taken seriously.”

PheonixRu was a warmongering nationalist, but he’s right about one thing, russophobia is real.
If we were to extend this to seeing all East Europe as "backwards" then slavophobia would be more acurrate imo.
eacao

Post by eacao »

These are the theatres of the war:

2. Myanmar,
3. Taiwan,
4. East Africa -- particularly Ethiopia,
5. Korean Peninsula,
6. Taiwan,
7. Malay peninsula,
8. Iraq and / or Jordan,
9. The Japanese islands.

If you're wondering why the list begins at #2, it's because Ukraine is first.
"You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future",
"Nearly all men can endure adversity. If you want to test a man's character, give him power",
"If you're going through Hell, keep going".