Afghan war news and discussion

Yuli Ban

Re: Afghan war news and discussion

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

It seems that hundreds of US Embassy personal will be captured alive...... Or killed...
No way Taliban will attack them, that would not make any sense.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Afghan President Ghani relinquishes power, Taliban form interim gov't
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani relinquished power as Taliban fighters entered Kabul on Sunday and sought the unconditional surrender of the central government.

The country's Interior Minister Abdul Sattar Mirzakwal said there would be a "peaceful transfer of power" to a transitional government.

"The Afghan people should not worry... There will be no attack on the city and there will be a peaceful transfer of power to the transitional government," he said in a recorded speech, according to Agence France-Presse (AFP). "The safety of the city is guaranteed, there will be no attack on the city, and the agreement is such that the transition of power will take place in a peaceful manner."

Shortly before, Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid told the BBC he could confirm there were talks with the presidential palace about a peaceful takeover of power. The head of the High Council for National Reconciliation (HCNR), Abdullah Abdullah, was organizing them.

Defense Minister Bismillah Khan Mohammadi also said in a video address published on Facebook that he, as a representative of the armed forces, guaranteed Kabul's security. He said it was known that Ghani had met with domestic politicians and had given them the responsibility to form an authoritative delegation to travel to Doha on Monday to reach an agreement with the Taliban on the Afghanistan issue.

"I assure all of you that Kabul's security will be maintained until an agreement is reached," Mohammadi said, as Deutsche Presse-Agentur (dpa) reported.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Afghanistan’s collapse leaves allies questioning U.S. resolve on other fronts
The Taliban's stunningly swift advances across Afghanistan have sparked global alarm, reviving doubts about the credibility of U.S. foreign policy promises and drawing harsh criticisms even from some of the United States' closest allies.

As Taliban fighters entered Kabul and the United States scrambled to evacuate its citizens, concerns grew that the unfolding chaos could create a haven for terrorists, unleash a major humanitarian disaster and trigger a new refugee exodus.

U.S. allies complain that they were not fully consulted on a policy decision that potentially puts their own national security interests at risk — in contravention of President Biden's promises to recommit to global engagement.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

The Latest: Official says Taliban to declare Islamic Emirate
Source: AP News
KABUL, Afghanistan — The Latest developments on Afghanistan, where a Taliban blitz has taken large swaths of territory just weeks before the final pullout of American and NATO troops. A Taliban official says the group will soon declare the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan from the presidential palace in the capital, Kabul.

That was the name of the country under the Taliban government ousted by U.S.-led forces after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The U.S. Embassy in Kabul has suspended all operations and told Americans to shelter in place, saying it has received reports of gunfire at the international airport. The U.S. is racing to airlift diplomats and citizens out of Afghanistan after the Taliban overran most of the country and entered the capital early Sunday.

“The security situation in Kabul is changing quickly and the situation at the airport is deteriorating rapidly,” the embassy said in a statement. “There are reports of the airport taking fire and we are instructing U.S. citizens to shelter in place. The U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan has suspended consular operations effective immediately. Do not come to the Embassy or airport at this time.”
Read more: https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan- ... 572bc2cff6
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »