Technological Unemployment News & Discussions

firestar464

Re: Technological Unemployment News & Discussions

Post by firestar464 »

What are your research needs? Or do you just play around with it?
raklian

Post by raklian »

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Where'd she get the email?

Yes I know replacement of people is inevitable, but I hate big corpo doing it so heartlessly. Worst thing is the next thing you know tons of leftists will start incessant banning attempts
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

This is why sooner or later we will need to rethink economics and base it around the idea of a basic income with machines and robotics + ai doing the production. Sure, communism failed under human labor but it probably won't under a.i.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Ironically leftists will call for banning AI to artificially prop up capitalism instead of doing what their ideology is supposed to do- move beyond capitalism.

Unfortunately, the problem is that some people find enjoyment and meaning in their jobs; this is especially true for creative types of work. Even if they get money, they will still struggle to find meaning.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

firestar464 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:22 pm Ironically leftists will call for banning AI to artificially prop up capitalism instead of doing what their ideology is supposed to do- move beyond capitalism.

Unfortunately, the problem is that some people find enjoyment and meaning in their jobs; this is especially true for creative types of work. Even if they get money, they will still struggle to find meaning.

I think some form of capitlism can exist under a.i communism or a hybrid system that takes into account this human urge for advancing beyond the basics and doing it for meaning. The production a.i system can produce the basic goods but you will also be allowed to advance in life and work along side a.i or as your own member of society with the ability to become rich.

The goal of a.i communism should be to raise the floor for humanity and supply the basics of living.
1. Provide the production to feed our population, supply the population with basic goods and make everything much easier.
2. We'll probably merge or work with a.i.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Tadasuke

🤖 embracing automation 🤖

Post by Tadasuke »

The answer is not fearing automation, but embracing and welcoming automation!

Automation can potentially free us all (at least the 99,9% of us who are not on the top!) from drudgery, time-wasting, doing what we don't want or like, and overall misery, for the most part at least. Not in 1000 years, but in about 10 to 100 years, which is in our lifetimes or in the lifetimes of our grandchildren.

But it's best (and advisable) to automate work in order from the least enjoyable and satisfactory to the most enjoyable and satisfactory. Not the other way around, obviously.

I think and suspect, that automation will either make humans rich, happy, free and carefree, or cause a huge robot uprising and end humanity. Either way, things will be much different in 100 years. :)
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.