Does anyone else view themselves as a time-traveler compared to other people?

iridescentrae

Does anyone else view themselves as a time-traveler compared to other people?

Post by iridescentrae »

Not trying to start a religion or anything. Just curious.
Someone with dreams about the future.

Be a good person. ♡

raynaisabella.blogspot.com
Ozzie guy

Re: Does anyone else view themselves as a time-traveler compared to other people?

Post by Ozzie guy »

I don't quite understand the question can you please elaborate I am quite active here so I will probably respond :)
erowind

Re: Does anyone else view themselves as a time-traveler compared to other people?

Post by erowind »

Yes, I was born 2 centuries too early at minimum. Thr 2200s and beyond are where my heart is.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yeah, I sometimes feel like I don't "belong" in this time.

This world is just so crazy, greedy, stupid, and f***ed up, in so many ways.

On the other hand, we see hints of our near-limitless future potential, if only we could mature and cooperate as a species.

So yes... I exist as a kind of time traveller, wishing I could fast-forward to another century or millennium.
iridescentrae

Post by iridescentrae »

Set and Meet Goals wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:41 am I don't quite understand the question can you please elaborate I am quite active here so I will probably respond :)
I view myself as a point on a timeline that can interact with other points and cause things to happen with future consequences whose effects may ripple through time, affecting something a year from now, then 10, then 100.

I view myself as a time-traveler living in the present (2021) because I take the rippling effects into consideration when making my decisions, small and large. I don’t think other people see it quite the same way. They don’t care about things that won’t affect them because they’ll be dead, for example. I care because I feel an enormous responsibility as one of the few people who think about an infinite or almost-infinite timeline. I see in 4D whereas others see in 3D, maybe.

Be a good person. ♡

raklian

Post by raklian »

I view myself as a god-like being in 10000 AD. In my eyes, you sort are mere mortals. Ants. Ants for me to step on without realizing it.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

Not exactly sure what you mean by time traveler.
If I compare myself to others in 2021, I believe I have much more knowledge of what's going on in science and technology.
People really have no idea. Even professors who should know better, are saying "we are all going to die sometime", and they are not suggesting we might live a few thousand years, but the usual 80-90 years.
I'm certain there will be profound changes in the years ahead, at the same time I can't predict how that's going to affect me, which I don't feel at ease with.
iridescentrae

Post by iridescentrae »

andmar74 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:23 pm Even professors who should know better, are saying "we are all going to die sometime", and they are not suggesting we might live a few thousand years, but the usual 80-90 years.
I think we’ll get to the point where we’ll 3D print new bodies for ourselves and the line between life and brain death will be indistinguishable. Especially if you believe in souls.

I think we already have the technology to do this and essentially live forever. We just need a billionaire to start mass-producing the tech until it becomes affordable for everyone, then various charities can help everyone else. Or the government. Didn’t really want to discuss politics in this post, lol, but there ya go.

Be a good person. ♡

Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

iridescentrae wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:52 pm
Set and Meet Goals wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:41 am I don't quite understand the question can you please elaborate I am quite active here so I will probably respond :)
I view myself as a point on a timeline that can interact with other points and cause things to happen with future consequences whose effects may ripple through time, affecting something a year from now, then 10, then 100.

I view myself as a time-traveler living in the present (2021) because I take the rippling effects into consideration when making my decisions, small and large. I don’t think other people see it quite the same way. They don’t care about things that won’t affect them because they’ll be dead, for example. I care because I feel an enormous responsibility as one of the few people who think about an infinite or almost-infinite timeline. I see in 4D whereas others see in 3D, maybe.
Ah I get you know I feel like you would like the book I am currently reading a book about "Transurfing" its pseudoscientific but lots of successful people have read it and it contains nuggets of great advice. The concept of the book is that anything is possible because there are an infinite number of alternative universes and we choose what universe we are in though our actions. The author shares his ideas for increasing the likelihood your reality/universe will be a good one for yourself.
Revolutionary Moderate

Post by Revolutionary Moderate »

I feel like I am from later this century when climate change is at its worst and that it why I am so scared about climate change because it feels like I already know what will happen. I am also familar with other problems that we will face in the future, so that it also why I feel that I am from later this century.
The Potato Praiser