Ask a Blue Origin engineer almost anything

superfishy

Ask a Blue Origin engineer almost anything

Post by superfishy »

Hey all, I've been working as an integration engineer at Blue for about half a year and am loving it so far. I've had a passion for space exploration for over a decade now thanks to this site and love working in the field. I know Blue Origin gets a bad rep sometimes and I realize we are waaaay behind the likes of SpaceX, but I can assure you there are big things in the works with almost an unlimited supply of funding.
What I like to tell people is that Blue Origin isn't a rocket company. It's a space exploration and infrastructure company that is ultimately seeking the indepencence in the launch industry for itself in the long-term.
I value my job very much so I will have to take the safe route when answering any questions but I'll try my best to satisfy any curiosity!
funkervogt

Re: Ask a Blue Origin engineer almost anything

Post by funkervogt »

What's your opinion of Russia's current level of space technology?
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

In your opinion when will blue origin have normal launches into space?
superfishy

Post by superfishy »

funkervogt wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:34 pm What's your opinion of Russia's current level of space technology?
I don't see them making any sizable advances in terms of technology any time soon. Their existing technology remains very capable but I expect China will be taking their place as the next significant player in Space research and development.
superfishy

Post by superfishy »

weatheriscool wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:54 pm In your opinion when will blue origin have normal launches into space?
Normal launches to orbit? 2025/2026.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

How's the integration with Neuralink going? That is the plan after all and if people don't get the implant then the whole Smart Foods like the popcorn will read people's minds as if they haven't been for years. Less exciting really but yah the cheap version of digital world.

Not interested in the implants of course though I will say it is interesting seeing the integration coming along. Guess we'll see how that Freedom not the freedumb that others use will still be valuable in the future :(