Trump wants to build ten cities that feature flying cars

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Earlier this month, former President Donald Trump unveiled a dramatic, far-reaching proposal to build up to ten new American cities if he's elected to a second term.

These federally-chartered purported utopias, dubbed "Freedom Cities," would feature "vertical takeoff-and-landing vehicles," manufacturing hubs, "baby bonuses," and plentiful single-family housing, delivering a "quantum leap for America's standard of living."

"These Freedom Cities will reopen the frontier, reignite American imagination, and give hundreds of thousands of young people and other people, all hardworking families, a new shot at homeownership," Trump said in a video announcing his plan on Truth Social.

The grand, futuristic proposal was mostly met with crickets and some light mockery from Trump supporters and others on the right.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA18OpnH
weatheriscool

Re: Trump wants to build ten cities that feature flying cars

Post by weatheriscool »

I don't understand why he hates LGBT people so much. He has some ideas that I like, like this but...
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

I'd like to see huge investments into ant-aging and a full scale war on cancer! I want to see cities on the moon and the mars too.
ººº

Post by ººº »

weatheriscool wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:02 am I don't understand why he hates LGBT people so much. He has some ideas that I like, like this but...
His voters demand that.
lechwall

Post by lechwall »

Building new cities sounds good in theory in reality there's generally a reason we haven't already built in places such as freshwater availability I'd question the economics of it vs expanding existing cities.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

I have to admit, building futuristic cities is certainly much better than building a useless fence on the border. Perhaps Trump should have opened up with that idea the first time around. Problem is, I just don't see someone like him really being that committed to this idea or carrying it out effectively. This seems more like something Elon Musk would propose.

Can't help but thinking if it ever happened, the so-called futuristic freedom cities would turn into something resembling Night City from Cyberpunk 2077.
peekpok

Post by peekpok »

It's so ridiculous. The president's job is not to develop a master-planned economy. The fact that the frontrunner for the Republican nomination is suggesting that it is, is beyond parody at this point.
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

peekpok wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:48 pm It's so ridiculous. The president's job is not to develop a master-planned economy. The fact that the frontrunner for the Republican nomination is suggesting that it is, is beyond parody at this point.
I could present a case for the affirmative regarding developing a master-planned economy. Of course, that the Republican frontrunner is proposing such ideas is indeed beyond parody. The "establishment" Republicans have nobody but themselves to blame. In private, according to sources too numerous to count, much less list, they have nothing but contempt for Trump. Still, their strategy seems to be to allow the liberals to do all of the heavy lifting in opposition even as they support Trump in public. Such support even includes financial contributions to his campaign. The result is a candidate whose values are increasing antithetical to anything that used to be considered conservative. One can only conclude that they are interested in "conserving" nothing. Hence the take-over of their party by right wing populists, master planners, con artists, proto-fascist, fascists, racists, and foreign backed stooges. Yet, most stay with the party. Anything other than admit that "liberals" were correct in their warnings.
Last edited by caltrek on Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

China is one of the most powerful countries on earth and have 5 year plans. ;) I like the idea in general.

America doesn't really have enough people to merit 10 more cities but I'd certainly like to invest in the large cities that we do have....Maybe, the government could invest a few trillion in modern infrastructure, solar, fusion, free citywide internet, bullet trains like europe, flying cars and a system of a.i to make life easier. Maybe we could also invest in companies with good ideas to get advanced tech to market...I

We could also surely invest in our medical and work to extend life spans.

Stuff like this and the concept of the space force is why I prefer Trump over an outright killjoy like DeSatanist.
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

weatheriscool wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:37 pm ...

Stuff like this and the concept of the space force is why I prefer Trump over an outright killjoy like DeSatanist.
Well, Mussolini had a lot of supporters because "he made the trains run on time."'

Hardly a good reason for supporting somebody like Mussolini (or Trump) even as the lesser of two evils. Especially when you have a whole other political party to consider. Even in the Republican party, I think I would prefer a Liz Cheney over either a Trump or DeSantis. Of course, I would most likely be voting in the Democratic primary, with an eye on any five year plans the local Green party was putting forth, if any.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill