If you had an AGI assistant...

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Yuli Ban

If you had an AGI assistant...

Post by Yuli Ban »

Interesting thread on /r/Singularity

Personally I'd have it generate stories for me, followed by earning money.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Ozzie guy

Re: If you had an AGI assistant...

Post by Ozzie guy »

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:15 pm Interesting thread on /r/Singularity

Personally I'd have it generate stories for me, followed by earning money.
If multiple people had AGI's as I am so obsessed with getting a replica of past earths for FIVR which might not be possible, I would give it the task of creating a replica of earth right now. Hopefully it can complete it before the world has changed too much.

If I was the only person with AGI I would truly 100% think I was already living in a simulation created by myself as I am getting a special privilege no one else has is getting and frankly I am not just a nobody but a nobody with a poor mental health record who would never be given an AGI first. Given my obsession with past earth replicas I would assume I am most likely my future self living out a game in a replica of earth and the AGI I have is the change to the simulation and hence the game. First I would balance the AGI working for me, trying to find out the rules of the game/simulation and analyzing my life so it can help me set goals.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

My problem with that discussion was the people saying we should be demoted to the AGIs pets and that the AGI should be the rulers/masters of the world, as opposed to our assistants. People are so pessimistic and in "humanity only sucks" mode now it really kind of dampers my enthusiasm at times for the future. And here's the kicker, I'm a misanthrope! I hate humanity as a species on general principle and even I think the humanity=bad pessimism has gone too far, that's how bad it is. Yeesh...

As for if I had an AGI assistant, my first task to it would be to find a way to increase our health spans and stop biological aging.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

I'd have it manage my personal and business finances and make simple summary reports for me at the end of each month.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

"Tell it to find a job that makes the most money, then go and do that job while sending me the money it makes"
See, while this is a pretty swell life hack, I find this scenario to be unrealistic. Why would anyone work at all anymore if they could simply just do this? The premise is that we're renting for $500 a month, so unless a good portion of that capital is being sent back to the company itself they can't be making a lot off of it. I could see competing companies attemting this, but why not just cut out the middleman entirely if they could? We all know they definitely would.

(Actually, thinking about it they'd likely do both and still profit lol)

Taking that into account, I'd have the A.I. instead maximize my own work efficiency, health, and making better everyday decisions in general. Having a helpful, incredibly smart companion which improves my possible life decisions seems like it's worth $500, and also could put all those shoddy "self-help" gurus out of business.

Basically this:
I'd let it take the lead, "based on what you know about my personal strengths and weaknesses, how can we maximize my potential to accomplish the things you think are the most urgent right now by combining our efforts"
That is (hopefully) our future anyhow.