Voice-changing technology gets more advanced

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
funkervogt

Voice-changing technology gets more advanced

Post by funkervogt »

Several demos on the Koe website show altered clips of Mark Zuckerberg talking about augmented reality with a female voice, a deep male narrator voice, and a high-pitched anime voice, all powered by Recast.
https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... -clothing/

The vocal profiles of famous people will be preserved and perfectly replicated starting in the near future. James Earl Jones will be narrating documentaries long after he dies.
Yuli Ban

Re: Voice-changing technology gets more advanced

Post by Yuli Ban »

Astounding, and the implications can't be ignored.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
raklian

Post by raklian »

funkervogt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:16 pm
The vocal profiles of famous people will be preserved and perfectly replicated starting in the near future. James Earl Jones will be narrating documentaries long after he dies.
And future reprising of Darth Vader.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

I've been thinking about voice-changing since 2006. I imagined we would change our voices to better imitate how an in-game character would speak or to conceal our identity. When I heard men playing female night elves and women playing male dwarfs, I thought it just sounds wrong. Like for example my friend roleplays anime characters in VR Chat in VR and he needs such voice-changing technology today.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Tadasuke wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:11 am I've been thinking about voice-changing since 2006. I imagined we would change our voices to better imitate how an in-game character would speak or to conceal our identity. When I heard men playing female night elves and women playing male dwarfs, I thought it just sounds wrong. Like for example my friend roleplays anime characters in VR Chat in VR and he needs such voice-changing technology today.
The technology would also improve the gaming experience by cleaning up the audio. Most human players' voices sound bad thanks to background noise or sound artifacts.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

The official and unofficial government forces here in the USA, and maybe worldwide, have been using this for years now especially for investigations. One of the freakiest things among many other tech that is easily available. That said they thankfully are not allowed to use the real good stuff the top level cleared folks are allowed to use on regular people. I think they'll get quite the surprise the day that ever gets disclosed to them because the highest levels of top secret clearances are using it on them too all the time along with regular civilians but I don't see that disclosure happening any time soon.

I have to specify it is one of the most hilarious things I have come to realize and frightening as well. They really thought that after giving up the right to speak freely (holding state secrets & signing NDA forms) that they were implicitly trusted. Maybe some wised up early on but there are plenty that have not. These folks to include the regular police are the perfect candidates for this high level, probably 3 letter level at least per US standard, stuff since its not like they can talk freely and those fields cater to the types of personality that if it were not government backed would be untrustworthy just by mentioning. Let's see... holding secrets, telling lies, backstabbing, cliques, ambigious world are just some of the qualities of the whole secrets field and are perfect for women and weak (personality) men. When I mean weak men I don't mean by physical strength because they are not weak in this regard since some are very tall & strong but instead I mean those types of dudes that act just like a woman with the short list of qualities I listed. Those are the qualities the intel & police to use a small part of this field for an example have in them for the type of people they recruit. Hence why they are the perfect candidates for this sort of stuff since how can you trust such a person?

Anyways rant over. This voice changing tech stuff really brings some of the amazing and sometimes unwilling (just came out of nowhere) experiences I have had with the government in just these past 20 years to mind. Strangest stuff I tell you that has happened in the USA over here.
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

Along similar lines, I came across an article titled 'Ninja Theory Among The First Big Developers To Turn To “AI Voice Acting”'. So not only are human voices being modulated, they're being replaced altogether. Interesting stuff.
I am a JavaScript Developer, who loves learning; especially when solving challenges as part of making unique applications for Internet users throughout the global Web. I began my journey in technology with WordPress and Web Analytics. More recently I've been working with React, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS, JavaScript, Vite, Node, Git, Netlify, Quickbase and RESTful JSON APIs.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

I've recently been...struggling with my own gender identity of late, and discovered a whole world of dysphoria once I honestly started asking questions I've been avoiding for a long time now. So perhaps not surprisingly my first thought on this was that it would be wonderful for people whose voices don't match their gender identity. Much like being able to act and look like the gender you identify with can be relieving, so too I imagine sounding like such.
citali_

Post by citali_ »

I like my voice the way it is! :shock:
Indie singer/songwriter
https://youtu.be/Q_NhbSsz9ko