Breaking Out of the Simulation (Simulation Theory)

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Jakob

Re: Breaking Out of the Simulation (Simulation Theory)

Post by Jakob »

How can you know what the simulation owners consider "attractive" or what goal they are pursuing?
Jakob

Post by Jakob »

Furthermore, I can't see the owners of a cosmic simulation becoming emotionally attached to entities in the simulation, any more than you or I would be emotionally attached to NPCs in a video game.
iridescentrae

Post by iridescentrae »

It’s still important to philosophize and adjust ourselves accordingly. Just because we do not know doesn’t mean we shouldn’t keep trying to know. Educated guesses are still better than nothing, and they may help us avoid bad things by letting us know that, for example, a streak of bad luck may not be random. Since this is actually a possibility, we need to adjust our behavior and perhaps stop betting on black or doing whatever we’re doing.

Also, just because we don’t know how we will die doesn’t mean we can’t prepare for the possibility of death by playing it safe and not taking risks. We can calculate risks based on data, and, even though it may not be a strong correlation to our own seemingly random lives, it’s still better than having no information at all.
Someone with dreams about the future.

Be a good person. ♡

raynaisabella.blogspot.com
iridescentrae

Post by iridescentrae »

It’s possible to get attached to people in various ways. They might see us as pets, as characters in a tv show that they may or may not want to die, slaves, romantic interests, or all of the above in various ways at various times. Furthermore, the “most interesting” people (in their eyes) may be wanted by multiple beings/entities, and there may even be long lines and raffle tickets involved. I mean, we just don’t know, but thinking about the possibilities given the ways the progress of a society can intersect with its ethics, technological advancements, resources or lack thereof, etc.

I bet Elon Musk would care.
Someone with dreams about the future.

Be a good person. ♡

raynaisabella.blogspot.com
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

The first step will always beat the second one in my opinion! It is way better to become as attractive as possible since everything else will be much easier to include money and power. The second one you are on a permanent conditional freedom that can be revoked at any time. You would need some serious strategies to protect yourself in case things go south to stay free of the simulation in the second step.

There are scientific studies published about the first step that back it up as the easier step to breaking out of the simulation. Sure you can be in danger of some powerful entities that may get threatened by attractiveness BUT if this is a theorized egalitarian society there should be an equal half of powerful entities that will protect you no matter what.
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

The best way to break out of the simulation is to just be a good person
So this is just another religion.