Is it possible that a person that is around 60 or 70 with no serious health problems can have a chance to live forever?

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
LostInSpace8421

Is it possible that a person that is around 60 or 70 with no serious health problems can have a chance to live forever?

Post by LostInSpace8421 »

I was just wondering if you have a parent, brother, sister, or even a cousin, or grandparent that is around 60 or 70 age range with no serious or terminal health problems is their a chance that they can live forever let’s just say for example the only health thing they have is thyroid and Graves’ disease but that’s it but the person also looks younger than their age.
Ozzie guy

Re: Is it possible that a person that is around 60 or 70 with no serious health problems can have a chance to live forev

Post by Ozzie guy »

LostInSpace8421 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:05 am I was just wondering if you have a parent, brother, sister, or even a cousin, or grandparent that is around 60 or 70 age range with no serious or terminal health problems is their a chance that they can live forever let’s just say for example the only health thing they have is thyroid and Graves’ disease but that’s it but the person also looks younger than their age.
It's possible. If you or they believe in the singularity and have the money they can increase their chances by signing up to a cryonics company.

If the Kurzweilian idea of AGI before 2030 occurs they have a good shot if they can hang in there until about 2035.

Outside of best case scenarios with AI the odds of making it are low and cryonics may give them a shot. Unfortunately I believe mainstream estimates for massive progress in age reversal is about 30 years out although there will be some improvements along the way.
R8Z

Re: Is it possible that a person that is around 60 or 70 with no serious health problems can have a chance to live forev

Post by R8Z »

I am highly skeptical of that, although I am hoping on it. Maybe the teenagers of our time have a much better chance.
And, as always, bye bye.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

I'd say 70 is technically possible for LEV, although it's pretty near the upper limit. Only a lucky few will benefit, and only those with high incomes and a strong commitment to health, fitness, transhumanism, etc.

You sometimes see 100-year-olds featured on the news, who maintain active lifestyles even after a century – going to the gym, cycling, etc. and with plenty of social connections.

So, assuming there are 70-year-olds today following a similar path, they'll still be around by the early 2050s. By which time, treatments will be available to slow or reverse various aspects of aging. 3D-printed organs could also keep them alive longer. Survival rates for cancer and heart disease will also have greatly improved. If they can keep going for another 50-70 years, mind uploading might then become an option. Or even a complete reversal of aging to a much younger state (20s-30s).
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Cryonics is probably their only chance.
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

Certainly. If they live very healthy and let's say Katcher's E5 works or Conboys blood dilution is a success.
raklian

Post by raklian »

R8Z wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:34 pm I am highly skeptical of that, although I am hoping on it. Maybe the teenagers of our time have a much better chance.
There's always the option of cryopreservation.... if you can afford it. ;)
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.