What would humans be like if we decided to live forever?

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Doozer

Re: What would humans be like if we decided to live forever?

Post by Doozer »

For us mortals, eternal life may seem like a bliss. Actually having it might just be a different story when you think about it.
Albertc93

Post by Albertc93 »

In short everything would change and it would be a new paradigm shift in terms of how we experience life. Both society and the individual would change in many ways, should the population find themselves not having to worry about dieing.

I imagine it would be up to each individual on what they want to experience with their personal consciousness. You wouldn't need a job and could spend your time doing what you pleased or dedicate yourself fully to whichever pursuit you want. To me it makes rational sense that we'll eventually use our technology to augment and upgrade ourselves continuously, until we no longer need to so do so due to reaching a kind of ceiling as to how far we can manipulate our consciousness.

After all what's the point of having a body if i can still experience life without one and just manifest one when necessary to traverse the physical world and then go back into the cyber world when i want or when necessary. Say if my physical body gets distroyed my mind automatically uploads to the cloud as a failsafe to not dieing. But the bottom line is nobody really knows if any of it is will even be possible, it's all just speculation based on what we think our technology will be capable of.

I personally wouldn't mind being immortal. For those that say they'd get bored, you could simply wipe your mind and reincarnate yourself using technology. Thus beginning a new life without ever knowing about your old one and yet being able to remember it if you so wish to do so via memory banks uploaded to the cloud from your past lives...
Albertc93

Post by Albertc93 »

Doozer wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:53 am For us mortals, eternal life may seem like a bliss. Actually having it might just be a different story when you think about it.
I feel like that's something people say because they know they have no choice but to die lol. What could possibly go wrong being immortal? You'd be a god, literally unkillable.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Albertc93 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:20 am
Doozer wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:53 am For us mortals, eternal life may seem like a bliss. Actually having it might just be a different story when you think about it.
I feel like that's something people say because they know they have no choice but to die lol. What could possibly go wrong being immortal? You'd be a god, literally unkillable.
You would have no choice but to ensure some of the Future Timeline predictions get met. Lol. Although at some point you would want to choose to not have that power would you not if you decide to since the heat death of the universe is an eventuality.