Perfect Sex transitioning.

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Ozzie guy

Perfect Sex transitioning.

Post by Ozzie guy »

Something akin to the complexities of reversing ageing would be perfectly changing someone's sex.
Right now it seems like gender transitions are not perfect, people worry about passing and they don't have the exact biology of the sex they want to be.

When do you think people will be able to change their sex perfectly?

Personally I think it will happen before ageing is perfectly reversable.
For a start whist it is not perfect people can transition, where as with ageing near zero progress has been made on humans.
Secondly almost no one cares about curing ageing but at least 5% (probably a lot more bare minimum figure) of people in rich countries care about trans issues.
erowind

Re: Perfect Sex transitioning.

Post by erowind »

As a non-binary person I care deeply about this topic. This said, barring rapid AI fueled medical advances I don't foresee "perfect" transitioning until the latter half of the century. Sometime in the 2070s-2100 or even in the 22nd century. That said, if everything goes right with technological progress morphological freedom could be possible within the next 20-30 years. If anyone is trans, I would recommend transitioning as soon as possible and not holding out for technology that doesn't exist yet. It's not worth the anguish. Most people can pass with work today, especially if they start young.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

It will become possible in the 22nd century.
Doozer

Post by Doozer »

I am thinking it will be possible once (or if they will ever) master head-transplanting tech.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Doozer wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:55 am I am thinking it will be possible once (or if they will ever) master head-transplanting tech.
Wouldn't brain transplantation be better?
Doozer

Post by Doozer »

funkervogt wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:15 pm
Doozer wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:55 am I am thinking it will be possible once (or if they will ever) master head-transplanting tech.
Wouldn't brain transplantation be better?
I was thinking that too.
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

By the time we achieve that we will already have perfected biology to the point of removing any genetic defect or being able to change any (or most) trait as we wish, like changing the color of our eyes (easy), increasing and decreasing bone structure (hard), etc. Maybe we would be able even to regrow missing limbs by then. This said, I think I agree that it will only be around the 22nd century or later.
And, as always, bye bye.