How long until an artificial intelligence media creator?

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Albertc93

Re: How long until an artificial intelligence media creator?

Post by Albertc93 »

bretbernhoft wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:59 pm That's an excellent question, and I would assume the answer is some time later this decade or in the 2030s. What you're referring to is the type of work I'm studying to develop. And when this kind of media making does become available it will be quite popular. Thank you for posting your question(s) and for brining this topic to light here.
You don't say? That's great, I get excited when I think about the possibilities of an A.I developed product. In particular when it comes to the entertainment side of things! Your prediction is what I'm rooting for as well. As I think it'll be the next huge leap for every form of media there is I'm sure.
citali_

Post by citali_ »

Albertc93 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:57 pm I'm a huge fan of pop culture. Games, movies, tv shows, are things i enjoy and have enjoyed for as long as I can remember.

What I'm wondering is, how long do you guys think it'll be until I'll be able to watch a movie or play a game or listen to a song that has been 100% developed by an advanced A.I system that requires really no human imput other then for consumption. What we have as entertainment today is already very captivating, but i imagine a time where an A.I can make something we humans would need 100 years or so to do.

For example, make a video game with such details that it would take human programmers a millenia to produce even with our current or better tech or how about a movie that's been entirely created by an A.I that's taken in every film ever made to somehow compile it into the most epic film ever seen or how about creating an animation show beyond what any human hands could ever make?

These are the kind of exciting things i envision for the not too distance future of entertainment in general. Basically a new Renaissance, in terms of the quality of media that will be available for the masses to enjoy. When do you guys think that such a thing will become reality?
I was actually thinking about this subject the other day. And it's interesting to me that it hasn't happened yet. I'm thinking soon. Very soon.
Indie singer/songwriter
https://youtu.be/Q_NhbSsz9ko
Albertc93

Post by Albertc93 »

@citali_ yes, indeed!

Greetings futurists, I want to bumb up my year and a half old thread as I'd like to show a few very interesting improvements that have already gone beyond making still images of abstract concepts.

As shown on page one of this thread Courtesy of @R8Z which they provided a couple of examples of what was at the time a very cool, but not greatly detailed images of an environment and well have you seen a recent A.I generated art?

It's beginning to look kinda hyper realistic, a big leap imo. But that's only the beginning of course as now It looks like the current limits for AI generated content is now moving into the realm of real time images. Letting you overlap it with whatever's going on in real time.

Lastly for now, this one's for the gamers. It's all about being able to talk to a character in a video game as if you were talking to someone in real freaking life... yeah, now this one's a personal favorite of mine..

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRKXbtEY/

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRKXvsgr/

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRKX7fRu/
AlinRobert

Post by AlinRobert »

The development of an artificial intelligence (AI) system that can independently create movies, games, or music without human input is an intriguing concept. While AI has made significant advancements in various fields, including creative tasks such as image and text generation, it is challenging to predict the exact timeline for the emergence of a fully autonomous AI media creator.

Creating a movie, game, or song that meets the standards of human creativity, emotional depth, and storytelling is a complex task. It requires a deep understanding of human emotions, cultural context, and the ability to generate novel and compelling content. While AI has shown promise in generating content, it still lacks the depth of human creativity and the ability to understand complex nuances.

However, it is worth noting that AI is already being used in the creative industries to assist and enhance human creativity. For example, AI algorithms can generate procedural content in video games, assist in the production of visual effects in movies, and even compose music. These technologies work in collaboration with human creators to enhance their abilities and streamline the creative process.

As for the future, it is challenging to provide an exact timeline for when AI will achieve complete autonomy in media creation. The development of such advanced AI systems requires overcoming several technical and ethical challenges. It involves pushing the boundaries of AI research, understanding human creativity at a deep level, and addressing ethical considerations surrounding AI-generated content.

While AI will continue to evolve and play a more significant role in the creative process, it is likely that human involvement will remain crucial for the foreseeable future. The collaborative efforts of AI and human creators have the potential to unlock new levels of creativity and push the boundaries of what is possible in entertainment.

So, while we can expect AI to have an increasing impact on media creation, it may take a considerable amount of time before we see a fully autonomous AI system capable of producing media at the level you described.
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

AlinRobert wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:48 am The development of an artificial intelligence (AI) system that can independently create movies, games, or music without human input is an intriguing concept. While AI has made significant advancements in various fields, including creative tasks such as image and text generation, it is challenging to predict the exact timeline for the emergence of a fully autonomous AI media creator.

Creating a movie, game, or song that meets the standards of human creativity, emotional depth, and storytelling is a complex task. It requires a deep understanding of human emotions, cultural context, and the ability to generate novel and compelling content. While AI has shown promise in generating content, it still lacks the depth of human creativity and the ability to understand complex nuances.

However, it is worth noting that AI is already being used in the creative industries to assist and enhance human creativity. For example, AI algorithms can generate procedural content in video games, assist in the production of visual effects in movies, and even compose music. These technologies work in collaboration with human creators to enhance their abilities and streamline the creative process.

As for the future, it is challenging to provide an exact timeline for when AI will achieve complete autonomy in media creation. The development of such advanced AI systems requires overcoming several technical and ethical challenges. It involves pushing the boundaries of AI research, understanding human creativity at a deep level, and addressing ethical considerations surrounding AI-generated content.

While AI will continue to evolve and play a more significant role in the creative process, it is likely that human involvement will remain crucial for the foreseeable future. The collaborative efforts of AI and human creators have the potential to unlock new levels of creativity and push the boundaries of what is possible in entertainment.

So, while we can expect AI to have an increasing impact on media creation, it may take a considerable amount of time before we see a fully autonomous AI system capable of producing media at the level you described.
Out of curiosity, did you utilize AI to help you in preparing your response?
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Deleted
Out of curiosity, did you utilize AI to help you in preparing your response?

Edit:...and another one bites the dust. :D

I should add that this involved a question posed to a "new user" not named AlinRobert.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill