Is the Tesla Bot the real deal?

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Albertc93

Is the Tesla Bot the real deal?

Post by Albertc93 »

I'm sure many of you have either seen or heard about the impressive progress displayed recently in the world of robots.

A decade ago you'd think i was talking about the latest movie or something like that, but today it's a reality with the introduction of Elon musk's first generation robot, dubbed "the telsa bot".

So, how realistic of a successful launch does it have? From what I can tell the whole thing seems pretty solid considering it's a first gen device and i assume that it'll improve over time like with most other tech. I'm just wondering when I'll be able to actually walk into my local Walmart and buy one off the shelf or have Amazon drop one off.

Check it out for yourself below:

erowind

Re: Is the Tesla Bot the real deal?

Post by erowind »

Hate to dash hopes and dreams, but no, it's not real. Tesla has yet to demonstrate any marginally working prototype and Elon Musk is well known for making false promises. Robotics are moving at lighting pace, and organizations like Boston Dynamics have created real impressive advancements, but that "teslabot" is literally a man in a suit.
Albertc93

Re: Is the Tesla Bot the real deal?

Post by Albertc93 »

erowind wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:06 am Hate to dash hopes and dreams, but no, it's not real. Tesla has yet to demonstrate any marginally working prototype and Elon Musk is well known for making false promises. Robotics are moving at lighting pace, and organizations like Boston Dynamics have created real impressive advancements, but that "teslabot" is literally a man in a suit.
Hello, thanks for the reply. Although to be honest, this was about the opposite of what I wished to hear lol. nonetheless, i appreciate your imput.

After watching video's like the dancing robots, that really made the idea for the tesla bot much more believable to me and adding the fact that these guys are well known for things like self driving cars now i figured they've managed to make some impressive progress within the world of robotics as well. I'll be honest here I'm still rooting for this to be a success. The idea of having a real robotic assistant is just too cool, lol!
Last edited by Albertc93 on Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 am, edited 4 times in total.