Perfect replica of Earth for FIVR games.

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Ozzie guy

Perfect replica of Earth for FIVR games.

Post by Ozzie guy »

The thing I am most looking forward to post singularity is FIVR.
Most of the things I want to do in FIVR involve me living in a perfect replica or earth (but then tweeking some things).
For example you could start the game on the date 18/02/2022 and be in an exact replica of earth where everything is exactly the same before you tweek things to live out some kind of fantasy.
I think alot of people feel the same way. People don't want to live out a life in a fake world they want to live out life in the "real" but often modified world.
Unless earth in FIVR is a perfect replica it will feel fake/not be real to some degree.

Do you have any ideas of how this could come about?

Personally I think the most likely solution is finding a way to do things faster than the speed of light allowing us to see past light and hence the past earth and scan it.

Im thinking it would be crowdfunded assuming we all kind of have our own budget post singularity as FIVR of the actual real world we can modify would be a popular idea.

It might be impossible but I like to think nothing is impossible post singularity.
TrueAnimationFan

Re: Perfect replica of Earth for FIVR games.

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

I was thinking that in order for this to become a reality within the next 30 years, you'd need to somehow combine both the world generation and physics simulation techniques that were used to create four different titles:

- SpaceEngine
- Outerra Anteworld
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- BeamNG Drive

Perhaps such a thing is possible in 2022, but you'd need a massive budget and potentially years of development time.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

TrueAnimationFan wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:12 am I was thinking that in order for this to become a reality within the next 30 years, you'd need to somehow combine both the world generation and physics simulation techniques that were used to create four different titles:

- SpaceEngine
- Outerra Anteworld
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- BeamNG Drive

Perhaps such a thing is possible in 2022, but you'd need a massive budget and potentially years of development time.
I mean an actual replica of the real world on a given date rather than a world with the same physics and similar attributes. For example every atom will be the same as on 18/2/22 if that's the date you want to start the FIVR game.

Keeping in mind Kurzweil is optimistic. Kurzweil thinks singularity 2045 cryogenic reserection 2050 I think following this trend it might take about 2070 to get what I want.

Getting the similar but not exact earth real physics game you described could be doable in the 30 years time frame you mentioned.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

Wouldn't it make much more sense to create a better, different planet (could be not a spheroid) than Earth, than just copy Earth? You have Earth all around you every day, whether you like it or not. I'd prefer visiting places I can't visit on Earth, no matter how much money I have. Earth's replica doesn't interest me. Will it interest most people? I don't know. But copying reality to virtual reality seems weird and pointless to me.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

There's definitely some value in the idea. Assuming you can revisit any date, historians and scientist would jump at the chance for the perfect laboratory. The premise is simply that physics remain the same, but certain other aspects like cultural/humanistic ones could be altered. Perhaps a perfect replica with no climate damage for example.

VR tourism is also going to be a major thing should FIVR ever happen. "Guess what kids, we're going on a Jurassic safari!" Of course, hopefully the dinosaurs could be simulated to ignore the host I'd hope. :lol: Or perhaps, history class suddenly becomes the most exciting thing ever when a "field trip" involves visiting Rome as it collapses or conversely at its height.

Not trying to speak for Set & Meet Goals, but that's just my interpretation of it. There's also the Second Life/SIMS crowd who basically does a less advanced version of this idea already.
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

We're probably already all npcs in a precursor simulation, so let's enjoy while it last and please don't kill the main character! :D
And, as always, bye bye.
toromash

Post by toromash »

I'm not really interested in specific dates, unless it's to access past memories. I'm interested in making part of my city, don't really care about the whole world, isolate the area with water and making me the king. That's useful modifications to this world. Maybe a firm in the future will offer this sort of package. I'm unsure though on how fun such a thing will be in the long run, if there is no progress.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

Living in an unchanging world for a long time seems like like a recipe for boredom. MMORPGs for example release expansions and updates to change, expand their worlds somewhat, or change mechanics of the game even.

Like for example killing goblins for 100 years would get tedious and repetitive. Or plowing the fields for 100 years. Or making sacks for 100 years. Or something. People used to live shorter lives, but they would get bored anyway if they lived longer in an unchanging world. Today, however, living longer makes more sense, as you are able to see all the changes.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
TrueAnimationFan

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

R8Z wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:31 am We're probably already all npcs in a precursor simulation, so let's enjoy while it last and please don't kill the main character! :D
I do hopelessly wonder sometimes...if we're in a simulation of the early universe created by some god-like being 100 quintillion years from now, how much time would have appeared to pass (between the big bang and 2022) to an outside observer? A second? A century? A year? 13.8 years? 13.8 minutes?
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Tadasuke wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:21 am Living in an unchanging world for a long time seems like like a recipe for boredom. MMORPGs for example release expansions and updates to change, expand their worlds somewhat, or change mechanics of the game even.

Like for example killing goblins for 100 years would get tedious and repetitive. Or plowing the fields for 100 years. Or making sacks for 100 years. Or something. People used to live shorter lives, but they would get bored anyway if they lived longer in an unchanging world. Today, however, living longer makes more sense, as you are able to see all the changes.
My response:
viewtopic.php?p=14672#p14672