Perfect replica of Earth for FIVR games.

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Tadasuke

Re: Perfect replica of Earth for FIVR games.

Post by Tadasuke »

The longer I am listening to Isaac Arthur, the more I am convinced that I don't want to explore this Universe. I want to explore made up worlds, disregarding current laws of physics. They will be vastly more entertaining than what's there in galaxies. That's how I see it.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

I've been playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance (a medieval RPG game) and this thread came to my mind. This game paints a similar picture of what the thread-OP asks: a replica of the Earth in a determined period or context to simulate events and outcomes that could take place.

While the game itself has a great mechanic and gameplay, its story background was what fascinated me the most: it is completely based in historical records of the middle ages in Bohemia (nowadays the Czech Republic) and puts the player as a character in this context. I can say for myself that I'd love to personally live what happens in this game in a FIVR simulation as the medieval period is fascinating.

Of course the game mentioned never comes even close of the desire OP has, but it's a step in the right direction and something that I found to be great fun and a entrée for what is yet to come in this area. Highly recommend it to someone that is into the medieval period.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a story-driven open-world RPG that immerses you in an epic adventure in the Holy Roman Empire.

Bohemia – located in the heart of Europe, the region is rich in culture, silver, and sprawling castles. The death of its beloved ruler, Emperor Charles IV, has plunged the kingdom into dark times: war, corruption, and discord are tearing this jewel of the Holy Roman Empire apart.

One of Charles' sons, Wenceslas, has inherited the crown. Unlike his father, Wenceslas is a naive, self-indulgent, unambitious monarch. His half-brother and King of Hungary, Sigismund the Red Fox, senses weakness in Wenceslas. Feigning good will, Sigismund travels to Bohemia and kidnaps his half-brother. With no king on the throne, Sigismund is now free to plunder Bohemia and seize its riches.

In the midst of this chaos, you're Henry, the son of a blacksmith. Your peaceful life is shattered when a mercenary raid, ordered by King Sigismund himself, burns your village to the ground. By bittersweet fortune, you are one of the few survivors of this massacre.

Without a home, family, or future you end up in the service of Lord Radzig Kobyla, who is forming a resistance against the invasion. Fate drags you into this bloody conflict and shoves you into a raging civil war, where you help fight for the future of Bohemia.

Redeem your past and emerge a hero!
And, as always, bye bye.
Lilymoon

Post by Lilymoon »

Microsoft Flight Simulator uses bing satellite of most places on earth and turn it into 3D for the game. So the buildings and streets in Microsoft Flight Simulator are real of what you see in real life.

If you fly in say Los Angels every thing you see in game is real in real life.

I would think Microsoft is probably working on a Grand Theft Auto game pulling streets from Google street view.

But to have a game where you put in date and images change to that date I don’t think that is possible.

There was no Google maps or Bing maps in the 90s or before. The US military may have satellite maps going back to 20s and before but this will not be available to the public.