“Dream engineering” timeline predictions?

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
iridescentrae

“Dream engineering” timeline predictions?

Post by iridescentrae »

What are your predictions on the technology to edit dreams?
Someone with dreams about the future.

Be a good person. ♡

raynaisabella.blogspot.com
Ozzie guy

Re: “Dream engineering” timeline predictions?

Post by Ozzie guy »

iridescentrae wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:47 am What are your predictions on the technology to edit dreams?
Im not sure but I thought I should tell you their are methods already to control your dreams called lucid dreaming.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

It will probably be common in about 100 years, once advanced brain implants that can monitor and stimulate brain activity are available.
TrueAnimationFan

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

funkervogt wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:43 pm It will probably be common in about 100 years, once advanced brain implants that can monitor and stimulate brain activity are available.
What do you think the time frame would be for someone's dream to be shown on a computer screen with the quality of a typical YouTube video (e.g. 1080p)?
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

TrueAnimationFan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:00 pm
funkervogt wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:43 pm It will probably be common in about 100 years, once advanced brain implants that can monitor and stimulate brain activity are available.
What do you think the time frame would be for someone's dream to be shown on a computer screen with the quality of a typical YouTube video (e.g. 1080p)?
Let me answer your question with a question: How do you know humans dream in 1080p? If you could see someone's dream in real time, as they see it while asleep, it might be blurry and in 360p or less. I suspect it would resemble an impressionist art video exhibit.

I think less advanced brain implants and head-worn devices we'll have by the end of this century will let people record their dreams as videos that coarsely match what they were actually seeing and hearing. Reaching the maximum audiovisual resolution--whatever that level is--will require much more advanced technology we won't have for at least 100 years.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

TrueAnimationFan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:00 pm
My apologies since I am not the person you asked the question to and butting in is rude on my part. I imagine once brain implants are underway not very long since if you wanted to edit dreams or sell your life experiences like Cyberpunk 2077 you would naturally have to edit those sorts of things with something and why not a computer right?
Bethany

Post by Bethany »

Yes, but in science, everything is just a theory, a calculated prediction of what will be true under specific conditions. Scientists are frequently assumed to share a common point of view. That is not correct. Both dreams and dream theory are subject to interpretation. Because each person's dreams and life experiences are distinct. My advice is to disregard what other people think or believe. Make up your own ideas based on your own dreams and waking life experiences.