Home-made biostatic time-machine project

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Cocoonman

Home-made biostatic time-machine project

Post by Cocoonman »

Hi everyone,

Biostasis (cryonics, brain-preservation, etc.) has been a subject of rising interest among futurists and transhumanists. However, as currently practiced, it is expensive and often locally unavailable. There are two cryonic organizations in the US, one in Russia, and that is all as far as I know. Moreover, the success of preservation is often doubtful in cryonic cases since there is no adequate cooperation between health-care establishments and cryonics providers, there is often tension or even outright obstruction, and in most places no option exists to aid preservation by using euthanasia at the terminal stage of illness. These are only some of the problems that concern me.

Therefore, I have come up with a project to build my own time-boat (chronoscaphe) that doubles as a biostatic capsule with a fully automated system for preservation. It is called Project Abyss. If anyone is interested, it can be found here: https://diybiostasis.wordpress.com/

It is also available in PDF format: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yp6746 ... sp=sharing

Another project of mine, involving speculations on future resurrection via mindfiles, focuses on creating a resistant time-capsule and a device for its transport to a remote location: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QR6-Lc ... sp=sharing
TrueAnimationFan

Re: Home-made biostatic time-machine project

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

So this involves descending to the ocean floor? That's an interesting idea, but...isn't it a little dangerous? If someone spends years down there in the dark part of the ocean where anglerfish swim, then wouldn't the enormous pressure slowly shrink the capsule until the person gets crushed?
Cocoonman

Post by Cocoonman »

The capsule is designed to be incompressible - it can't be crushed. It is protected from mechanic impacts by a thick, composite shell and filled in totality with an inert fluid to counteract hydrostatic pressure (see schematic drawings).

At the bottom of the ocean, there is very little visibility, it is cold and pressures are enormous. All this is to the advantage of a chrononaut that journeys through time in a state of suspended animation, but challenging for potential hostile intruders (robbers, desecrators). It is in fact easier for technology to withstand conditions in space than explore deep sea, which is the reason why over 80% of ocean still remains unexplored.
TrueAnimationFan

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

Well, this is a very interesting concept, but I honestly don't think a small website like yours is going to be enough to spread the word of your potential invention if you've concluded that everything about it is scientifically plausible and that it could easily be built in the near future.
Cocoonman

Post by Cocoonman »

Yes, it is true that it is not enough. Right now, and for me personally, it is an amusing concept to explore and develop. Biostasis has attracted few supporters so far, but this may change in the next few decades if some interesting theoretical proposals are turned into practice. I don't see that happening within the framework of cryonic organizations, which must tread very carefully to maintain their fragile image, but acts of daring individuals may yet turn the tide and provide inspiration.
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

Cool device and consciousness perspective. I still have to fully ready it to comment on your essay but so far it has been an interesting read. Although I on the boat that consciousness is most likely just an illusion, reading an argument against that that is well sourced and with a good prose was nice and has almost convinced me to switch my perspective.
And, as always, bye bye.
Cocoonman

Post by Cocoonman »

Thanks! I am glad I could stir up some thoughts. There are some general arguments to provide introduction to the project, as I am in the process of writing a book-length treatment of those issues. In some ways, the time-boat is meant to be a speculative answer to the most 'conservative' possible views on consciousness, but not limited to them.
Grace2Paulson

Post by Grace2Paulson »

The concept is pretty interesting, and you did massive work on that project. What is your plan for it? Are you going to develop it?
I've read only a part of your writing, but I'm already impressed.
Cocoonman

Post by Cocoonman »

It is a dream of mine to build an autonomous biostatic capsule that may give an individual a shot at the future. Currently it is at the theoretical and preliminary level of planning. Real work will follow when the construction begins, which may take a few years, depending on personal factors. I will document the process with photographs and set up a detailed tutorial.
iridescentrae

Post by iridescentrae »

Have you considered joining an existing bio stasis company as an employee?
Someone with dreams about the future.

Be a good person. ♡

raynaisabella.blogspot.com