Chance of Frozen or Proto AGI this December - February

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Ozzie guy

Chance of Frozen or Proto AGI this December - February

Post by Ozzie guy »

I wasn't sure if this should be posted in the singularity thread but I figured I would make this post its own thread due to being a fairly low probability pet theory that we should not expect to happen.

Recently rumors have started circulating that OpenAI is releasing GPT-4 this December - February with fairly credible sources like Gwern backing the claim and the CEO of OpenAI leaning into the rumors. You can read about this here https://thealgorithmicbridge.substack.c ... con-valley

Regarding Frozen or Proto AGI (you can read Yuli Ban's posts on what these two different things are)

Rumors that can be seen in the above article I would put the most weight on what Gwern says keep in mind we recently got new scaling laws as well, meaning better results for less parameters (and maybe better results with other hardware that I have little understanding of).

As seen in the article the CEO of OpenAI Sam Altman hinted that GPT-4 passes the turing test (although it is a test with a broad and vague definition).

In this new tweet he is possibly hinting that 'AGI' is about to be created

With Sam's tweets he could just be trolling as he doesn't take himself too seriously on twitter.
ººº

Re: Chance of Frozen or Proto AGI this December - February

Post by ººº »

I strongly doubt it.
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Chance of Frozen or Proto AGI this December - February

Post by wjfox »

Belongs in this thread.