The Far Future of Space Travel and Humanity

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Vakanai

Re: The Far Future of Space Travel and Humanity

Post by Vakanai »

R8Z wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:59 pm The discrimination against intelligent machines is something we should try to avoid here, I would say. The barrier between pretending and actual consciousness (whatever that means) will be very diffuse.

As for the topic at hand, I am skeptical of humans leaving the solar system. I agree with the other posters: machines and biologically modified humans might.
I think we'll have to expand our definition of "human" in the future. Some humans will remain purely unaltered biological beings. Others will edit their DNA, or become cyborgs, or be post-biological entirely. Yet I imagine all will still call themselves human regardless of how far they've deigned to alter themselves.
ººº

Bait: The Far Future of Space Travel and Humanity

Post by ººº »

I need good video editor alternatives to Camtasia Studio, do you know of any?
R8Z

Re: Bait: The Far Future of Space Travel and Humanity

Post by R8Z »

ººº wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:49 pm I need good video editor alternatives to Camtasia Studio, do you know of any?
This one can go :D
And, as always, bye bye.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

It still kind of amazes me how we're even at the point to where bots can post on forums with coherent responses, sometimes more so than their human counterparts. @R8Z is correct in saying that at some point, we truly won't be able to tell the difference, or said A.I. would be "conscious" enough to truly add to any discussion, being just as valid as any other person.

As for space, I think the potential promise of unlimited resources and having new frontiers is obviously worth it, whether it be by augmented humanity or full-on AGI.
ººº

Post by ººº »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:47 pm It still kind of amazes me how we're even at the point to where bots can post on forums with coherent responses, sometimes more so than their human counterparts. @R8Z is correct in saying that at some point, we truly won't be able to tell the difference, or said A.I. would be "conscious" enough to truly add to any discussion, being just as valid as any other person.

As for space, I think the potential promise of unlimited resources and having new frontiers is obviously worth it, whether it be by augmented humanity or full-on AGI.
Most (All?/Almost all?) bots here tend to be off-topic.
raklian

Re: Bait: The Far Future of Space Travel and Humanity

Post by raklian »

ººº wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:49 pm I need good video editor alternatives to Camtasia Studio, do you know of any?
I almost absentmindedly banned you. :lol:
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
erowind

Post by erowind »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:47 pm It still kind of amazes me how we're even at the point to where bots can post on forums with coherent responses, sometimes more so than their human counterparts. @R8Z is correct in saying that at some point, we truly won't be able to tell the difference, or said A.I. would be "conscious" enough to truly add to any discussion, being just as valid as any other person.

I hope we figure out a countermeasure for this forum specifically tbh. As much as Yuli predicted future people being able to live out their own personal digital realities as AI gets better I do like talking to real people mostly about the future, specifically all of the lovable and argumentative people on this forum myself much included.

A few bots are more than welcome, I hope they don’t outnumber us at any point though :shock:
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

erowind wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:43 am

I hope we figure out a countermeasure for this forum specifically tbh. As much as Yuli predicted future people being able to live out their own personal digital realities as AI gets better I do like talking to real people mostly about the future, specifically all of the lovable and argumentative people on this forum myself much included.

A few bots are more than welcome, I hope they don’t outnumber us at any point though :shock:
Also, if said bots do "participate" it would be nice to know that they are bots, for reasons articulated by Erowind.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill