90% of online content could be generated by AI by 2025

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

90% of online content could be generated by AI by 2025

Post by wjfox »

90% of online content could be ‘generated by AI by 2025,’ expert says

Fri, January 13, 2023 at 8:10 PM GMT

Generative AI, like OpenAI's ChatGPT, could completely revamp how digital content is developed, said Nina Schick, adviser, speaker, and A.I. thought leader told Yahoo Finance Live (video above).

"I think we might reach 90% of online content generated by AI by 2025, so this technology is exponential," she said. "I believe that the majority of digital content is going to start to be produced by AI. You see ChatGPT... but there are a whole plethora of other platforms and applications that are coming up."

The surge of interest in OpenAI's DALL-E and ChatGPT has facilitated a wide-ranging public discussion about AI and its expanding role in our world, particularly generative AI.

"ChatGPT has really captured the public imagination in an extremely compelling way, but I think in a few months' time, ChatGPT is just going to be seen as another tool powered by this new form of AI, known as generative AI," she said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/90-of-on ... 23872.html
funkervogt

Re: 90% of online content could be generated by AI by 2025

Post by funkervogt »

Quite possible.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Would this be considered the next phase or evolution of the internet? Assuming A.I. becomes powerful enough to generate almost anything with increasing fluidity and context which may eventually surpass content creators across every board, the internet could once again become a "wild west" kind of place where literally anything is possible.
BaobabScion

Post by BaobabScion »

Quantumrun had a series titled "The Future of the Internet" several years ago.

Pt.8 talks about an AI-only web: https://www.quantumrun.com/prediction/h ... nternet-p8
ººº

Post by ººº »

I wonder if internet conservation/archiving will become mainstream because of this.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:00 am Would this be considered the next phase or evolution of the internet? Assuming A.I. becomes powerful enough to generate almost anything with increasing fluidity and context which may eventually surpass content creators across every board, the internet could once again become a "wild west" kind of place where literally anything is possible.
At some point in the future, it may actually become a thing for some people to have never met another human on the Internet if they don't actively seek them out using queries because the chances of bumping into each other will become exponentially too low due to the Cambrian-like explosion of content by the AI creators.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Doubt it to be honest.

This seems like another fad technology just like how crypto was going to replace fiat currency, or how we were going to have driverless vehicles by this point.

I mean if it considers stuff like content farmed articles and low effort lists and poorly researched things, which do may up a huge amount of content on the internet these days then sure. It might produce plenty of garbage without human effort.

Will it produce "quality" though? Don't think so.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

raklian wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:06 am
Cyber_Rebel wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:00 am Would this be considered the next phase or evolution of the internet? Assuming A.I. becomes powerful enough to generate almost anything with increasing fluidity and context which may eventually surpass content creators across every board, the internet could once again become a "wild west" kind of place where literally anything is possible.
At some point in the future, it may actually become a thing for some people to have never met another human on the Internet if they don't actively seek them out using queries because the chances of bumping into each other will become exponentially too low due to the Cambrian-like explosion of content by the AI creators.
That is so dreadful. Presuming we still have freedom and liberty to go anywhere with all electronic stuff its still worrisome this could be the case.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Since ideas and what one is fed = what influences voters. Well,

I'd like to think a A.i would be more logical then man but I am scared...