Radical change from superhuman AGI will become Utopian if democracy is maintained but not immediately.

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Ozzie guy

Radical change from superhuman AGI will become Utopian if democracy is maintained but not immediately.

Post by Ozzie guy »

As a Marxist I have been grappling with the situation that AGI is likely near for real, will be created via the capitalist's resources and the state of Marxism is effectively a dead body being pissed on by the ruling classes propaganda all over the world. AKA there is a greater than 99% chance AGI will be created in a world dominated by capitalism.

As I have reflected further I think Marxism actually shows us a utopian situation will come about if a level of democracy is maintained the more democracy the better.

AGI will radically change the base which will shape and maintain the superstructure which will maintain and shape the base.
In other words AGI will radically change the economy which will change culture. That new culture will change the economy further, the new economy will change culture again in a repeating cycle until we have the best system.
Really it is just a matter of maintaining a level of democracy so the ruling elite can't prevent the system morphing into whatever is best this might be easier said than done given they are the ones making AGI. However it seems like for now frontrunners like DeepMind and OpenAI certainly want to keep liberal democracy in place.
Whist it is not a revolution I do think AGI will cause a big enough change to the base to cause the aforementioned cycle towards the best system for a post AGI world. For example 90%+ people losing their jobs and there being clearly enough resources for everyone does not bode well for the current system remaining.