All humans in the future should have the ability to have babies!

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
weatheriscool

All humans in the future should have the ability to have babies!

Post by weatheriscool »

I want science to use genetic enhancement/gene splicing to make everyone have wombs and the tools to grow a baby in the future. Everyone should have this ability in the future! One shouldn't have to trust another person to do it for them as currently the person that has your kids has all the power within the court system and can destroy your life. You should be the one with the power, the custody and be able to hold and love your baby every day! Womb + and the tools to support the development of a baby for all humans. Of course for males they'd have to have the egg inserted into the womb and c-sections when it is time to come out, but This would be better then womb transfers long term. As everyone would have one and wouldn't have to go through a risky surgery!

I think it is possible! Just reprogram a few things!
funkervogt

Re: All humans in the future should have the ability to have babies!

Post by funkervogt »

I think posthumans will be capable of this, without outside medical intervention.

On that note, while I don't see a direct evolutionary line between today's transsexuals and those posthumans, the former give us a glimpse of what will be standard someday.
raklian

Post by raklian »

I think most people will opt to use artificial wombs as that would be vastly easier with none of the potential complications of pregnancy.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

What ever your choice is. The thing is no one should have to convince a group of people that feels like it is a burden to make a child for anyone. We should be able to make our own choice and that is what this is about. It is about the freedom and ability to make your own choices and live your life with maximum happiness.

I also think future humans should have both sexual reproductive organs to increase this freedom. ;)
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

What are some potential benefits of developing humans with both sexual organs?

The potential benefits of developing humans with both sexual organs and abilities to reproduce are largely speculative at this point, as this is a hypothetical scenario that raises many ethical and practical concerns. However, some of the possible benefits that have been suggested include:

1. Increased reproductive options: If individuals had both male and female reproductive organs, they could potentially reproduce with a wider range of partners, including those who are biologically male or female.

2. Greater genetic diversity: A larger number of potential reproductive partners could lead to increased genetic diversity, which could potentially enhance the overall resilience and adaptability of the human species.

3. Improved fertility: If individuals had both male and female reproductive organs, it is possible that they could have greater fertility and reproductive success than those with only one set of reproductive organs.

4. Enhanced understanding of human biology: Developing humans with both sexual organs could potentially deepen our understanding of human biology and reproduction, which could have implications for medical research and treatment.

It is important to note, however, that these potential benefits are highly speculative and would need to be weighed against the ethical and social considerations associated with such a development. It is crucial that any decisions related to altering human biology and reproduction be made with great care and consideration for the potential consequences.