What year will the first biological male receive a functioning womb?

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future

2024-2025
No votes
2026-2030
33%
2030's
50%
2040's
No votes
2050's
No votes
2060's
No votes
Later
17%
Never..The religious extremist will ban it worldwide.
No votes

Total votes: 6

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

What year will the first biological male receive a functioning womb? I am guessing 2027 in India. ;) 2035 in the Uk and 2038 in the United states. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... ing-birth/

The first baby will be had in 2032 in India to a transgender woman.
weatheriscool

Re: What year will the first biological male receive a functioning womb?

Post by weatheriscool »

I think this will be easily achieved as there have already been well over 100 successful transplants and 50 babies born from it. I could see another 5-10 years but this is much more likely to be successful then anti-aging and genetic enhancements that have shown no real human success as of yet.

I am hoping the indian doctor pulls it off in the next few years but if not then the uk or even America could do it...The main factor is the reaction from the right wing and fascist movements against it...Science wise this is a straight shot!
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

Voted later. World's getting less religious every generation, even if the religious remainder gets more fundamental, extreme, and violent. But transplanting functional wombs is ridiculously dangerous complex surgery. AGI powered-robotic surgeons would be needed, the patient would need to be hooked up to some serious life support, so unless we see some serious major advancements in the surgical realm it feels more like an end of century technology if not outright a next century technology. So 2080s at the earliest, but later is more probable imo.

Weirdly, and while I know you may not want to hear this, I think we'll make more progress on artificial/external wombs so that fewer people will actually choose to give birth and more will opt to have their babies grow to term outside the mother's body.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

I don't believe it is such a complex surgery as over a hundred have been done but in females. How much more complex would simply innovating a few hook ups be? That is basically the difference. I was reading a paper on it and they have a pretty good idea on how to go forward and I feel it is probably closer then anti-aging for humans or minduploading.

The main problem is funding and support. The same people that hate trans people are going to hate this.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

I also believe that the right would probably become extremely violent to the idea of birthing machine and would probably be a lot more accepting of natural births even if it is xy people doing it. i also think such machines are probably 40 years further in the future because as I said above the natural womb is already transplanted by the hundreds while such devices are still on the drawing board. It is like attempting minduploading or downloading or any other of the thousands of theories like teleportation or super conductivity that we believe could be possible in the future but only in the future. Womb transplants are a reality now....
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

weatheriscool wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:38 pm I don't believe it is such a complex surgery as over a hundred have been done but in females. How much more complex would simply innovating a few hook ups be? That is basically the difference. I was reading a paper on it and they have a pretty good idea on how to go forward and I feel it is probably closer then anti-aging for humans or minduploading.

The main problem is funding and support. The same people that hate trans people are going to hate this.
Yes, in females - who already have wombs and the underlying structure for them. Biological males do not (with a few exceptions), this makes it much more complex. At least in my limited understanding - I'm not in any way, shape, or form a medical expert.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

I'd take this advancing and becoming an reality for all people that want a child over a mission to mars, fusion, flying car, and maybe only second to anti-aging.

Of course, I also believe that both sexes should develop wombs so such surgeries will only be a short to mid term thing...The ability to have children is very important.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

https://www.thepinknews.com/2024/03/04/ ... -pregnant/
A medical report, published in the Fertility and Sterility medical journal, in January 2023, said: “The first uterus transplant in a transgender female in the 21st century is anticipated to take place within the next few years, if not sooner.”

Dr Narendra Kaushik, a surgeon in the Indian capital New Dehli, said in May 2022 that transplanting uteruses into trans women is “the future”.

Uterine transplants are currently rare, costly and experimental surgeries that typically rely on donor organs. They are often done on people born without a uterus so they can become pregnant and give birth.

The first successful womb transplant took place at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden in 2014. Two years later, the operation was carried successfully once more in the US.

About 50 babies have now been born worldwide as a result of womb transplants.

Kaushik, who has 15 years of experience in gender-affirming surgeries, said: “We cannot predict exactly when this will happen but it will happen soon. We have our plans and we are very optimistic.”