10 years ago I said I'd ask future AI... So I did.

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
Ken_J

10 years ago I said I'd ask future AI... So I did.

Post by Ken_J »

my questions edited for better clarity to Chat GPT:
1) Given the entire list of recent science and technological innovations. As well as innovations in early stages of development, which ones can actually improve or accelerate existing capabilities by resolving issues, increasing efficiency, cutting costs or simplifying designs?
2) Which current technological avenues promise the greatest return on investment over the next ten years; such that a superior return on investment is measured in increased life expectancy for the population, food and potable water abundance, energy and infrastructure above international standards, and accelerated technological advancement?
3) Which positions of power in (specific locations) are most able to advance and enable the developments we came up with in question 1 and 2?
4) Which political offices are currently up for election, and which people running for those offices have a track record of supporting those causes or have expressed support for them?
5) How can individual citizens support and hold those figures to the commitment of working on those causes if and when they get into office?
6) draft a plan of action for achieving these ends.

I'm no skilled GPT prompter, so my results are not coming out super useful. And maybe other AI will net better results. So please give them a go yourself.

Here's some of what I got:
Question 1-
Vaccines and Biotechnology for Global Health: mRNA Vaccine Technology
Telemedicine and Healthcare Innovation: Telemedicine Platforms
Renewable Energy and Access to Power: Off-Grid Renewable Energy Solutions
Water Purification Technologies: Advanced Water Purification
Precision Agriculture and Food Security: Smart Farming Technologies
Educational Technology for Accessible Learning: Online Education Platforms
AI for Social Impact: AI for Social Good Initiatives
Financial Inclusion through Blockchain: Blockchain-based Financial Services
Robotics for Healthcare and Assistance: Medical Robotics and Assistive Devices
Global Internet Connectivity Initiatives: Satellite Internet
Affordable and Portable Diagnostic Technologies: Point-of-Care Diagnostics
Climate-Resilient Crop Varieties: Climate-Smart Agriculture
Community Health Monitoring and Early Warning Systems: IoT for Public Health
Mental Health Technologies: Digital Mental Health Solutions
Clean Cooking Technologies: Efficient Cookstoves
Humanitarian Robotics for Disaster Response: Robotic Disaster Relief
Personalized Medicine and Targeted Therapies: Precision Medicine
Microfinance and Digital Banking: Financial Inclusion Platforms
Urban Mobility Solutions: Smart Transportation
Disaster-Resilient Infrastructure: Resilient Urban Planning

Question 2-
Biotechnology and Precision Medicine: Genomic Therapies
Renewable Energy and Storage: Advanced Energy Storage
Precision Agriculture and AgTech: Smart Farming Technologies
Clean Water Technologies: Advanced Water Purification
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: AI for Drug Discovery
Telemedicine and Remote Healthcare: Remote Patient Monitoring
Urban Infrastructure and Smart Cities: Smart Urban Planning
Quantum Computing: Quantum Computing Applications
Space Exploration Technologies: Space-based Resources
Internet of Things (IoT) for Resilient Systems: IoT for Infrastructure Monitoring

Question 3-

Advancing and enabling developments in technologies and societal improvements often involve collaboration between various stakeholders, including government officials, industry leaders, researchers, and policymakers. In the North Eastern United States, several positions of power and institutions play key roles in shaping policies, fostering innovation, and supporting technological advancements. Here are some influential positions and entities:

Governors and State Legislators
Mayors and Local Government Officials
Research Institutions and Universities
Venture Capital and Private Investors
Industry Associations and Chambers of Commerce
State Departments of Economic Development
Energy and Environmental Agencies
Health Departments and Medical Institutions
Innovation Hubs and Technology Parks
Public-Private Partnerships

Collaborations between the public and private sectors, facilitated by government agencies, can accelerate the development and deployment of technologies. Public-private partnerships can leverage resources and expertise to address societal challenges.

it kinda falls apart from there.
Ken_J

Re: 10 years ago I said I'd ask future AI... So I did.

Post by Ken_J »

I asked bing AI the first 3 and got an uninspired sci-fi writers wishlist:
Quantum Supremacy: A new type of computer that can solve problems faster than classical computers.
Digital Biology: A new way of designing and testing drugs using computer simulations.
Climate Restoration: A new approach to removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
Neuroengineering: A new way of treating neurological disorders using implanted devices.
Artificial Embryos: A new way of creating embryos without sperm or eggs.
Quantum Cryptography: A new way of encrypting data that is unbreakable by classical computers.
Neural Machine Translation: A new way of translating languages using artificial intelligence.
Smart Cities: A new way of using technology to make cities more efficient and sustainable.
Digital Twins: A new way of creating virtual models of physical objects.
Quantum Sensors: A new way of measuring things with unprecedented accuracy.
In addition, the World Economic Forum has identified the following emerging technologies that are most likely to improve our future lives:
Generative AI: A new type of artificial intelligence that can create new content such as images, videos, and music.
Quantum Computing: A new type of computer that can solve problems faster than classical computers.
Blockchain: A new way of storing and sharing data that is secure and transparent.
Advanced Materials: New materials that have unique properties and can be used in a variety of applications.
Biotechnology: A new way of using living organisms to create new products and services.
Finally, Pocket-lint has identified the following technologies that will probably change our lives forever over the coming decade and beyond:
Self-driving cars: Cars that can drive themselves without human intervention.
Augmented Reality: A new way of experiencing the world that blends the physical and digital worlds.
Virtual Reality: A new way of experiencing digital content that simulates a real-world environment.
Artificial Intelligence: A new way of creating intelligent machines that can learn and reason like humans.
Robotics: A new way of creating machines that can perform tasks autonomously.
I accidentally posted "Which positions of power in (specific locations) are most able to advance and enable these technological and innovation developments in the next decade?" without changing 'specific location' and frankly got a pretty good answer, not great, but i feel like I could get better results asking about topics one at a time.
The geography of technological innovation around the globe has changed over the last three decades, and with it the geography of wealth creation. Innovation has become simultaneously more globally spread across different parts of the world, and more intensely localised in strongly interconnected global hotspots, generating positive and negative effects and new kinds of inequality 1...

That being said, governments, universities, and private companies are among the entities that have the potential to advance and enable technological and innovation developments. For example, governments can provide funding and regulatory support for research and development, while universities can conduct research and provide education and training for future innovators. Private companies can also invest in research and development, and bring new products and services to market.

In the United States, the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) are among the government agencies that provide funding for scientific research 2. In addition, universities such as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Stanford University are known for their contributions to technological innovation 3. Private companies such as Apple, Google, and Microsoft are also known for their investments in research and development 4.

In China, the government has launched several initiatives to promote technological innovation, including the “Made in China 2025” plan and the “Internet Plus” action plan 5. In addition, universities such as Tsinghua University and Peking University are known for their contributions to technological innovation . Private companies such as Huawei, Tencent, and Alibaba are also known for their investments in research and development .

In Europe, the European Union provides funding for research and development through programs such as Horizon 2020 . In addition, universities such as the University of Cambridge and the Technical University of Munich are known for their contributions to technological innovation . Private companies such as Siemens, Volkswagen, and Airbus are also known for their investments in research and development .