The tech that is currently advancing at this moment

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
weatheriscool

The tech that is currently advancing at this moment

Post by weatheriscool »

1. A.i-This is reshaping a lot of shit.
1A. robotics integrating a.i. Everything up to this point has been preprogramed and allowed for it to move but now with a.i it will be able to do as it wants...Weapons of war!
2. Solar tech- This is literally doubling in some countries in the last 3-4 years and is literally kicking ass.
3. Battery storage...Making solar possible as a grid source of energy.
4. Reusable rockets ...This has the possibility to finally open up space big time and is why private companies are landing on the moon and we now have a global internet in star link.
5. Electric cars...Doing pretty fucking good. 30 companies as of 2023 have a 250 mile driving ability on one charge. A decade ago this was like 1. Larger and larger percentage of vehicles are now electric.
6. Drones - Wars are being fought with drones.
7. Quantum computers - Pretty damn good progress.
8. Fusion. Enough where I'll put it on the list and we're at the point where it may very well become a reality within the electrical grid within the next decade. This and solar is the future. ;) Oh'yeah, they're both fusion. lol
9. Lasers are being put on ships of war and being used more and more. Lasers and drones are probably the future of warfare. ;) I want to see battle ships with 3 or 4 big laser guns with 50 mgwatts or more per cannon.
10. Factory robotics. This of course can fall under 1 but I'll give its own area for the robotics itself as it is light years ahead of 10 years ago in what it can do outside of the a.i sphere.

I wouldn't say vr and ar aint advancing but very slowly but won't add it to the list. but maybe I should? Meta 3 and apple recently released headset are impressive and would have been anyones mind even 10 years ago.
Driverless cars. They're advancing driverless cars but won't place it on the list as not as impressive as the ones on the list. A.i advancing could seriously place it on this list in the next few years. ;)
Everything else is very either very slowly or not at all.
TrueAnimationFan

Re: The tech that is currently advancing at this moment

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

In my state (Florida), FPL seems to be advertising the use of solar panels more than ever. Also, Florida's intercity rail system, Brightline, is apparently the first passenger rail service in the world to use Starlink as its onboard wi-fi provider.
weatheriscool

Re: The tech that is currently advancing at this moment

Post by weatheriscool »

Here is for ev's to bring the point across and 15 years ago solar was less then 50gw worldwide but today it is 1.3 tw's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_pow ... yearly.png