Market crash in 2022?

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead
Ken_J

Market crash in 2022?

Post by Ken_J »

I'm hearing increased chatter about how the market is insanely over valued and is due for a 48% crash. just to get back where it aught to be. But if the market goes that fast in a single quarter it's likely to get enough momentum to pass through that floor. Some are expecting an 81%+ drop. And one doom prophet is saying it'll be mid 2030s before we recover.

Some of it may be in part do to the bubbles that desperately need bursting. But some of it may also have to do those who can take early retirement or retirements leaving the work force and taking their pensions. and panic withdraw of investments as the market drops could lend speed and momentum to the crash.

Student loan debt, mortgage and other debt is so high that when these 'bluffs' about 'being good for it' are likely to collapse when they are called. adding fuel to the fire.

and crypto is seeing a parallel crash starting.

It feels like things are poised for some big badaboom. at least in the US.
I hear that the ghost city property investments in China are also seeing a collapse.

what do we think? will it happen?
will we see property values plunge and foreclosure tidal waves?
Millions of pensioners lose everything?
Stock markets bounce on the bottom or tank through the floor straight to hell?
most of the alt coins evaporate? will things like doge, and shibu inu, survive or disappear?
How about Cardano, will it survive to climb up again as it planned progress is completed?
Ozzie guy

Re: Market crash in 2022?

Post by Ozzie guy »

Ken_J wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:02 am I'm hearing increased chatter about how the market is insanely over valued and is due for a 48% crash. just to get back where it aught to be. But if the market goes that fast in a single quarter it's likely to get enough momentum to pass through that floor. Some are expecting an 81%+ drop. And one doom prophet is saying it'll be mid 2030s before we recover.

Some of it may be in part do to the bubbles that desperately need bursting. But some of it may also have to do those who can take early retirement or retirements leaving the work force and taking their pensions. and panic withdraw of investments as the market drops could lend speed and momentum to the crash.

Student loan debt, mortgage and other debt is so high that when these 'bluffs' about 'being good for it' are likely to collapse when they are called. adding fuel to the fire.

and crypto is seeing a parallel crash starting.

It feels like things are poised for some big badaboom. at least in the US.
I hear that the ghost city property investments in China are also seeing a collapse.

what do we think? will it happen?
will we see property values plunge and foreclosure tidal waves?
Millions of pensioners lose everything?
Stock markets bounce on the bottom or tank through the floor straight to hell?
most of the alt coins evaporate? will things like doge, and shibu inu, survive or disappear?
How about Cardano, will it survive to climb up again as it planned progress is completed?
I am sceptical of anything extreme especially now given we have had all these covid related crashes.
I guess it is one of those things that are very unlikely but could happen.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Something's got to give.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

I do think it will crash soon, probably in quarter 2. Many companies are overvalued currently. There's a "head and shoulders" pattern forming on the graph, so yes, it will crash this year.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

You called it Ken. It has been trickling onto social media especially financial news about a sort of crash. I guess its a good or bad thing depending on your wealth?
Doozer

Post by Doozer »

If a stock-market crash does happen, it will probably happen when this whole Ukraine situation is over.