The United States in 2076

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead

Which scenario is most likely for 2076?

1. Expansion – The U.S. expands beyond its current borders, with Canada and/or Mexico being annexed or voluntarily unifying, either partially or fully.
14%
2. Status quo – The U.S. remains largely the same as in 2022, with little or no change to its territory or unity.
43%
3. Balkanisation – The U.S. becomes divided into two, or perhaps several independent regions (e.g. north and south, or coastal areas), each with its own government.
29%
4. Extreme balkanisation – Severe political, economic, environmental or other turmoil has resulted in a breakdown of the U.S. into dozens or even hundreds of separate entities.
4%
5. Total collapse – Climate change, war, and/or other existential threats are so catastrophic, the U.S. effectively no longer exists. Most or all of the country is in anarchy.
11%

Total votes: 28

ººº

Re: The United States in 2076

Post by ººº »

R8Z wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:56 pm I've been hearing a lot over at forums about a "national divorce" for the US.

For the Americans: is it really being considered in mainstream discussions or just another fringe idea? Personally I think a pacific separation of people with different ideals would be the perfect scenario for America, although quite unrealistic.
I think it's mostly "vent".
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

Likely something reflecting status quo.
I am a JavaScript Developer, who loves learning; especially when solving challenges as part of making unique applications for Internet users throughout the global Web. I began my journey in technology with WordPress and Web Analytics. More recently I've been working with React, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS, JavaScript, Vite, Node, Git, Netlify, Quickbase and RESTful JSON APIs.
SpencerBurgess

Post by SpencerBurgess »

I don't see the American States as so different to separate. Contrariwise, it is a more national population than many others. The countries from Western Europe tend to get free and different, so the national term is in decline for them. The US will remain the same, and some pandemic situations like the actual one change daily activity significantly. I know all these details due to https://studyhippo.com/essay-examples/immigration/ since it is a source with reliable data and essay examples about Obama's presidency, ethnic groups' discrimination, or simple immigration. Therefore, I have followed the graphic of the US population and the statistical data so well that I could predict the possible repetition of the immigration process from 1870 to 1910.