How optimistic are you about the near-term future? [2021 - 2055]

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead

How optimistic are you about the near-term future? [2021 - 2055]

0 - Extremely pessimistic
3%
13%
3%
13%
13%
22%
6%
3%
16%
3%
10 - Extremely optimistic
6%

Total votes: 32

Redspector

Re: How optimistic are you about the near-term future? [2021 - 2055]

Post by Redspector »

R8Z wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:48 pm
Redspector wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:43 am
Jakob wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:33 pm 1/10, we are clearly on our way to the implementation of a social credit score in the western world plus the looming threat of the Great Reset. 2 years ago, I would have said 7/10 but things have changed. Or perhaps the plans of the evil elites have just been made more visible. This is incidentally why I've largely abandoned this forum and futurism at large, I no longer want to think about the future.
Where is the proof that great reset is this schizo thing that Qanon fans think it is? don't they believe the great reset will result in a worldwide authoritarian LGBTQIA government that allows mass immigration and makes white people second class citizens?

I know i sound like im mocking you but im not. I genuinely want to know what your opinion and what the general right wing opinion is on the "great reset".
Name calling whoever disagrees with you makes you look silly.

On the topic at hand: forget culture and any of the other distractions. It's all about the (fake) money and control of the masses through it. I don't know if the following quote faithfully represent actual words that came from a Rothschild mouth, but it is indeed a truthful statement that sums-up the last century and the following decades that come.
I care not who controls a nation's political affairs [laws, regulations, etc..], so long as I control her currency [as then I have the control over the nation]

~ M.A. Rothschild

This is nothing new under the sun; most nations are indeed under control by a clique of powerful unnamed people that pull the strings. These people might control several nations, or only their own, but whoever controls the currency printing device of a country, controls the nation's direction. That's why non-centralized digital currencies are so appealing to freedom enthusiasts and also why I believe we have a more bright path due to technology for the future.
I firmly believe that the earth is concave and that the earth is space and space is inside earth. I also believe in jewish space lazers creating forest fires and of course i believe democrats have a shadow orphan eater cabal at a pizzeria in DC.

You would call me a name. Some beliefs are too ridiculous to not ridicule a little.
Redspector

Post by Redspector »

R8Z wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:48 pm
Redspector wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:43 am
Jakob wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:33 pm 1/10, we are clearly on our way to the implementation of a social credit score in the western world plus the looming threat of the Great Reset. 2 years ago, I would have said 7/10 but things have changed. Or perhaps the plans of the evil elites have just been made more visible. This is incidentally why I've largely abandoned this forum and futurism at large, I no longer want to think about the future.
Where is the proof that great reset is this schizo thing that Qanon fans think it is? don't they believe the great reset will result in a worldwide authoritarian LGBTQIA government that allows mass immigration and makes white people second class citizens?

I know i sound like im mocking you but im not. I genuinely want to know what your opinion and what the general right wing opinion is on the "great reset".
Name calling whoever disagrees with you makes you look silly.

On the topic at hand: forget culture and any of the other distractions. It's all about the (fake) money and control of the masses through it. I don't know if the following quote faithfully represent actual words that came from a Rothschild mouth, but it is indeed a truthful statement that sums-up the last century and the following decades that come.
I care not who controls a nation's political affairs [laws, regulations, etc..], so long as I control her currency [as then I have the control over the nation]

~ M.A. Rothschild

This is nothing new under the sun; most nations are indeed under control by a clique of powerful unnamed people that pull the strings. These people might control several nations, or only their own, but whoever controls the currency printing device of a country, controls the nation's direction. That's why non-centralized digital currencies are so appealing to freedom enthusiasts and also why I believe we have a more bright path due to technology for the future.
You say all of this and yet you think the solution is libertarianism though. Why?

The solution is literally to give the means of production to the workers and abolish class by giving the appropiate amount of "wealth" to people based on their contributions rather than people like jeff bezos being worth 100 billion while most of his workers can barely afford rent/if at all. His wealth is based almost entirely on taking the wages of others. The worker isn't lazy and Bezos isn't a God. Do you think Bezos works 100,000x harder than the average worker? What if the workers got to choose their leaders and ultimately controlled where profits go rather than a rich executive deciding to give 20% of the entire profit to himself.

I cannot understand capitalists sometimes. The solution is to "remove government". The only thing that has stood in the way of child labor laws, people being forced to work 80 hours under paid security guards for nothing, slavery, and any other exploitation you can imagine. The rich must be abolished by taking ownership of what we produce. I am not 100,000x less productive than my CEO and i know how much i am actually contributing per hour of wage labor at my job. Why do i make 10x less than what i produce? Why did my CEO get a 2,000,000 dollar raise during the covid recession while he laid off countless amounts of employees i worked with?
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:25 pm
This is one of the worst periods in history for imperial rivalries
That isn't true, though. The world is clearly more peaceful today than in the past. Wartime deaths are gradually trending towards zero. There is cooperation on many issues. The world is so interconnected, and so reliant on international relations now, a major war seems too risky. Bad behaviour by one country can be punished by sanctions and other measures.
Redspector

Post by Redspector »

wjfox wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:15 am
That isn't true, though. The world is clearly more peaceful today than in the past. Wartime deaths are gradually trending towards zero. There is cooperation on many issues. The world is so interconnected, and so reliant on international relations now, a major war seems too risky. Bad behaviour by one country can be punished by sanctions and other measures.
What did Cuba do to deserve its sanctions?
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

wjfox wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:15 am
"Peaceful" overall, kinda like the lead up to WW1 in a sense. The reason why I said that is not arguing against the progress made, but reminding how easy it is to lose that progress. You saw how disastrous the last U.S. election was, but more so than that the feeling to compete again on a great power basis with Russia & China. Whether it's the issue with Taiwan, or the failure to adequately address climate commitments due to those exact imperial mechanisms.

We should be doing more than we are right now, there is only so much time left. I say that it's "one of the worst" precisely because we cannot afford to fail due to greedy self interest.
Doozer

Post by Doozer »

My optimism for the future at this point all depends however Putin’s war in the Ukraine plays out.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

There will be gradually more peace and less war as time goes on. Even if Ukraine war results in 0.75 million deaths (unlikely in my opinion), that will be 2 orders of magnitude less than WW2, so there is a substantial improvement. I remain positive. I think that in the XXII century there will be no wars and much fewer murders or rapes. People will spend time in VR, they will not be going outside to kill or rape someone. 🙂
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
warpmass

Post by warpmass »

I dunno hopefully the world will still stand by 2060.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

Depends on how you want to define optimism here. I think that we should have AGI, humanoid robots, cyborgs, and a lot of the amazing sci-fi dreams we've longed for since childhood. The technology is going to improve drastically, and dreams will become reality.

On the other hand I think that over a billion people alive today will have died of famine, war, disease, and climate change - all preventable, or once was, but we just didn't care to do anything about it until it was too late to do so. I also see humanity being divided far worse than now, like Civil War worse kind of divided. Climate change is going to be bad. Fascism will be even more widespread. Nuclear weapons might've seen use.

Basically the only positive thing I see is that technology will be better. Humanity will be worse. Far worse.
warpmass

Post by warpmass »

Vakanai wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:13 am Depends on how you want to define optimism here. I think that we should have AGI, humanoid robots, cyborgs, and a lot of the amazing sci-fi dreams we've longed for since childhood. The technology is going to improve drastically, and dreams will become reality.

On the other hand I think that over a billion people alive today will have died of famine, war, disease, and climate change - all preventable, or once was, but we just didn't care to do anything about it until it was too late to do so. I also see humanity being divided far worse than now, like Civil War worse kind of divided. Climate change is going to be bad. Fascism will be even more widespread. Nuclear weapons might've seen use.

Basically the only positive thing I see is that technology will be better. Humanity will be worse. Far worse.
This post makes no sense you say we will have AGI, etc, ect, etc, but things will be far worse.