Post singularity fantasy virtual world game ideas

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead
Ozzie guy

Post singularity fantasy virtual world game ideas

Post by Ozzie guy »

I have made this thread before but I think I made it on the old forum.

Basically what virtual worlds/game ideas will you live some time in after the singularity?
Last edited by Ozzie guy on Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Re: Post singularity fantasy virtual world game ideas

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Whatever is the most amazing implementation of it that exists. I suppose by that time since everyone is augmented for the most part it should be the most intense VR worlds you can imagine. I know its vague but besides the usual terms like first person shooting games and whatnot I am not able to, at the moment, think what could possibly be more specific than those topics. Unless... it becomes sort of a metaverse and you can choose portals to different VR games now that would be wild wouldn't it?
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

I want that to be a world where you can level up from 1 to 999 and not be constrained by our universe physical limitations which make our bodies super ugly, weak and dim-witted. And that world would not have microtransactions.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
toromash

Post by toromash »

I have always envisioned this kind of digital alternative reality as the Westworld setting just in a virtual context (making it like Red Dead Redemption 2). I would make it single player only, and fill the NPC's of people i have known throughout my life. People i don't like can work in the factory or in the mines, and me and my friends and girlfriends would chill in the upper class society. This should be possible in about 50-100 years
Last edited by toromash on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

If computer performance continues to grow exponentially (doubling every 2 years), we might see a billion times faster machines for the same price in just 60 years. I agree with Kurzweil that the human brain could be possibly replicated with only 100 teraflops and that is just 3x more than 2020 graphics cards or 1.5x more than 2022 graphics cards. You could probably have a million NPCs + a simulated environment on a year 2080 desktop PC. It would be enough for great fun to be had. I think that software will be a greater challenge than hardware. Hardware is pretty much guaranteed to improve by ~40% a year on average. Software is a different case, it is very much influenced by human trends, desires, greed, laziness and limited brain capacity. Cyberpunk 2077 AI is no better than 1999 Shenmue AI or 2001 GTA 3 AI. This is not hardware's fault, but CDPR's fault. I have less trust in software than in hardware. I would argue that current PC software doesn't really utilize well even 1% of cutting-edge hardware's capacity. Consoles have had 8 core CPUs since 2013 and there are still new games programmed for 4 cores or even 1 core in the case of Age of Empires IV (yeah, really).
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.