A borderless world – when and how?

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead
SpencerBurgess

Re: A borderless world – when and how?

Post by SpencerBurgess »

I am writing about the "nation" and what it represents, so I can't say it is in decline. It is unclear because the world is divided into populations that tend to get stronger concerning national values and populations that try to emancipate. The tendency to be free is more accentuated in the US or some Europe countries. States like Eastern Europe are concentrated on becoming closed nations and not friendly-collaborative.
DanielMrsr

Re: A borderless world – when and how?

Post by DanielMrsr »

wjfox wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:20 am
Doozer wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:04 am We are a tribalistic and territorial species.
Yeah, but why is that? It's usually down to resources/scarcity/economic concerns. A post-scarcity world, which we are ultimately heading towards, is a very different world. And furthermore – racial, cultural, and genetic intermingling will only increase over time, not decrease. This will be especially apparent when countries begin to experience population crashes due to declining fertility and need to relax their immigration policies. In the more distant future we'll also have lifelike androids and other new entities who'll be more influential and less concerned with tribalism.
I don't entirely agree with you. It seems to me that this may take such an amount of time that by the time society is ready for this, something will happen that will reduce the planet's population by a decent amount. I read about the problem of immigration and the struggle for civil rights, and you essentially claim that this can lead to a demographic crisis. Racial, cultural, and genetic mixing, as you put it, is inevitable, but not these points will lead us to the beginning of the end.