Fashion in the 2030s, 2040s

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead
Nanotechandmorefuture

Re: Fashion in the 2030s, 2040s

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

raklian wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:49 pm There is an obvious, clear trend.

Everyone is going to be naked. Change my mind. ;)
In the club or some cool settings sure. At home? Hell naw. I'll take the cool tech clothing.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Body positivity will definitely continue I agree, though I feel as if the pandemic mess kinda set it back a bit. It's more to due with hygiene and whatnot I think, rather than being ashamed or shamed for it.

The Neo-Victorian style of the game in my avi is classier than the 80s retreads of ripped jeans or yoga/workout mixes, but it still falls into OP's category of "recycling old styles and trends and mixing them with new ones."

You never know with fashion, the whole Gothic Lolita and similar trends in Japan are actually sorta similar to this aesthetic. I could see the ultra wealthy try to revive something this strange too. Definitely not so soon as the game's timeline though... we're currently very much on casual.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:42 am

Body positivity will definitely continue I agree, though I feel as if the pandemic mess kinda set it back a bit. It's more to due with hygiene and whatnot I think, rather than being ashamed or shamed for it.

The Neo-Victorian style of the game in my avi is classier than the 80s retreads of ripped jeans or yoga/workout mixes, but it still falls into OP's category of "recycling old styles and trends and mixing them with new ones."

You never know with fashion, the whole Gothic Lolita and similar trends in Japan are actually sorta similar to this aesthetic. I could see the ultra wealthy try to revive something this strange too. Definitely not so soon as the game's timeline though... we're currently very much on casual.
Oh true! I didn't think about the clothing in game! :lol: Deus Ex man. I cherish it!
MythOfProgress

Post by MythOfProgress »

surprised there is no post-apocalyptic styles or slow fashion styles mentioned. dressing for practicality in most situations is what most ppl will jump to when SHTF, like bill.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwpyhV4V4AA ... me=900x900
when not in any combat style encounters and going for casual/informal, will suppose most of the clothing will be reused or sewn from older clothes in efforts to be more enviro-friendly.
this is more feminine, so definitely not my style but amour vert is the brand name. using soft fabrics does give it a sort of timeless feel, with some handpicked and specially crafted designs that differs from traditional fast fashion clothing.
R.I.P Ziba.
citali_

Post by citali_ »

Ha. 2030s fashion trends. Coiture. I want to design clothing in the 2030s, aside from singing.
Indie singer/songwriter
https://youtu.be/Q_NhbSsz9ko
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

Wally wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:09 pm Now... EVERYONE has them and it is celebrated.
Not everyone, but this is one of the worst changes I see. I hate how people make themselves worse looking by adding tattoos. I literally have the instinct to puke when I see one that is especially disgusting. This along with obesity is the worst of changes in the last 20 years. I really hope that both tattoos and obesity will completely go away by 2050 or I may not go outside and just spend time in VR or use AR to not see them (changing your view with AI). Bad-looking tattoos is something that can appear on some mob enemies in video games - bad guys you defeat. When I see tattoos, I think "They must have something wrong with their head.".
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
citali_

Post by citali_ »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:42 am

I can totally see this. And more eccentric fashion as well!
Indie singer/songwriter
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

It's hard if not impossible to predict fashion trends in advance. The rock and roll greasers of the 50s couldn't predict the flower child hippie aesthetic of the 60s, nor could the bell bottom and polyester disco types of the 70s predict the somewhat more eccentric styles of the 80s (parachute pants or whatever, you know what I'm talking about).

That said the trend for decades now going back to the 40s or earlier has been that whatever else may come in and out of style, blue jeans and t-shirts are always staples. My guess is that we are still largely going to be wearing shirts and pants. Our main wardrobe hasn't changed all that much over the years.

One thing that I do think might change in fashion is with the new generation men and women will be less concerned over what's masculine or feminine in style, so fashion will be less influenced by gender roles and stereotypes. But this is just a guess and I could be dead wrong.
citali_

Post by citali_ »

Future dinner party look
Indie singer/songwriter
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

At first glance, this might not seem to apply to this thread. Still, it is about things that people do to alter their appearance.

Outbreak of Extensively Drug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa Associated with Artificial Tears
February 1, 2023

Introduction:
(CDC) Summary

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is issuing this Health Alert Network (HAN) Health Advisory about infections with an extensively drug-resistant strain of Verona Integron-mediated Metallo-β-lactamase (VIM) and Guiana-Extended Spectrum-β-Lactamase (GES)-producing carbapenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa (VIM-GES-CRPA) in 12 states. Most patients reported using artificial tears. Patients reported more than 10 different brands of artificial tears, and some patients used multiple brands. The majority of patients who used artificial tears reported using EzriCare Artificial Tears, a preservative-free, over-the-counter product packaged in multidose bottles. CDC laboratory testing identified the presence of the outbreak strain in opened EzriCare bottles with different lot numbers collected from two states. Patients and healthcare providers should immediately discontinue using EzriCare artificial tears pending additional guidance from CDC and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Background

As of January 31, 2023, CDC in partnership with state and local health departments identified 55 case-patients in 12 states (CA, CO, CT, FL, NJ, NM, NY, NV, TX, UT, WA, WI) with VIM-GES-CRPA, a rare strain of extensively drug-resistant P. aeruginosa. Thirty-five patients are linked to four healthcare facility clusters. Dates of specimen collection were from May 2022 to January 2023. Isolates have been identified from clinical cultures of sputum or bronchial wash (13), cornea (11), urine (7), other nonsterile sources (4), blood (2), and from rectal swabs (25) collected for surveillance; some patients had specimens collected from more than one anatomic site. These specimens were collected in both outpatient and inpatient healthcare settings. Patients had a variety of presentations including keratitis, endophthalmitis, respiratory infection, urinary tract infection, and sepsis. Patient outcomes include permanent vision loss resulting from cornea infection, hospitalization, and one death due to systemic infection.

Isolates in this outbreak are sequence type (ST) 1203, harbor blaVIM-80 and blaGES-9 (a combination not previously observed in the United States) and are closely related based on analysis of whole genome sequencing (WGS) data. These isolates are not susceptible to cefepime, ceftazidime, piperacillin-tazobactam, aztreonam, carbapenems, ceftazidime-avibactam, ceftolozane-tazobactam, fluoroquinolones, polymyxins, amikacin, gentamicin, and tobramycin; the subset of isolates that underwent antimicrobial susceptibility testing for cefiderocol were susceptible to this agent.
Read more here: https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/2023/han ... 11-DM98842
caltrek’s comment: Be careful out there.

Edit: On second thought, why do people want to create artificial tears?

Am I missing something?
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill