Fashion in the 2030s, 2040s

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead
firestar464

Re: Fashion in the 2030s, 2040s

Post by firestar464 »

Tadasuke wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:54 pm If people in the future will look even uglier and weirder than they look today, then I will just never leave the house and do everything through the Internet. Simple as that. I am adamant in my stances and views since the 2000s. Even wrote down them many years ago. I was born to experience reality I thoroughly hate, and I am told to just accept that and be tolerant to nearly everything. How about no?

Probably fashion in the 2030s and 2040s will be more individualistic, even potentially sometimes using 3D printing or customized orders. These days people do wear different (sometimes expensive) clothes, dye their hair, do make-up, get tattoos and piercings. They don't look better because of that. Genetic engineering, medicine, proper fitness, healthy eating/drinking and cosmetic surgeries or treatments (like permanent hair removal) are the only ways to actually look better. Clothes are not you, you are not clothes. Or piercings, or tattoos. They are only additions. Accessories.
Looks like you're the one who's gonna lose out, not anyone else.
Powers

Post by Powers »

Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

Tadasuke wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:54 pm If people in the future will look even uglier and weirder than they look today
Pretty judgemental of modern fashion and people's appearances there - not surprising coming from you now though sadly. Why do you find people so ugly now? Is it still just that more people are overweight? I remember you going on about that before.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Powers wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:55 pm Image
I got in touch with some buddies at DARPA, who obviously don't wanna be identified. They gave me access to their time machine, and I went 20 years into the future. Remembering this post, I uhhhh, wanted to see what people were wearing. I managed to snap a pic:

I'm back now. I hope I don't get radiation poisoning
Tadasuke

how a proper lady could dress in the 2030s or 2040s

Post by Tadasuke »

This is how a proper lady could dress in my opinion:

Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Being a Jane Austen fan, I do love the dresses. Nevertheless why is assigning dresses to women any of your business?
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

How (unfortunately) my depressive mind usually sees fashion and obtaining new clothes:

People, by spending money (so their precious limited time), compensate for their unseemly, weak, aging bodies, about which they have little control over, by putting on products produced on mass scale by the fabrics, clothes and fashion industry. They accumulate/hoard those clothes or shoes, pretending these products somehow make them pretty, sexy, happy and fulfilled. Cycle repeats.

Even worse when those clothes had been made by poorly paid poor people in poor countries, while also polluting the environment. I wish my outlook wasn't so negative... 😟 It's not much fun living like that, but I really do feel those thoughts say the truth that people often don't want to admit.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

firestar464 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:16 am Being a Jane Austen fan, I do love the dresses. Nevertheless why is assigning dresses to women any of your business?
Trying to help make the world a bit less distasteful, repulsive, disgusting and detestable. So people like me would find life a bit more tolerable. Of course I know people won't really change their minds because of me. But I won't either because of them.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Why is your beef with their clothing, not just consumerism then?

Since you believe that women wearing anything other than a dress are "distasteful, repulsive, disgusting and detestable," your mindset is not too different from the Taliban mandating burqas. I can't help but feel you're being deliberately insufferable to women due to your personal life struggles.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

firestar464 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:08 pm Why is your beef with their clothing, not just consumerism then?

Since you believe that women wearing anything other than a dress are "distasteful, repulsive, disgusting and detestable," your mindset is not too different from the Taliban mandating burqas. I can't help but feel you're being deliberately insufferable to women due to your personal life struggles.
I am not treating men and women unequally. Either both of them have compulsory dress codes or none of them have. I personally like school uniforms as well as work uniforms, as long as they aren't low-quality or ugly on purpose.