The future of Brazil

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead
MythOfProgress

Re: The future of Brazil

Post by MythOfProgress »

I make a provocation here, start by taking out the trash from your own house and making your bed in the morning.

Then do something effective on your street, with your neighbors and your community, done that, do something for your city and then for your state and finally for your country. Most nations have destroyed most of their ecosystems by exploiting and are now worried about the planet, this is hypocrisy.
fancy speech and all, but please don't confuse getting involved in your local community, joining a mutual aid group or a protest for actual avenues of change, these are great and all in terms of building resilience and making some noise/pressure on legislators/lawmakers/politicians or government officials though that's just the the thing, it's an indirect admittance that change generally doesn't happen from the bottom-up(citizenry), but from the top down(aforementioned elites), would probably go as far to say that most people will choose the path of least resistance and bury their heads in the sand.
if those aren't the types of action(s) you're referring to, then chances are the kind of action(s) you're going for is the type that will probably put you on a watchlist, in which case good luck lol.
and the main concern is not with deforestation or the global climate, but with the wealth that is in this region and throughout our country.
is this you talking or the entirety of Brazil?
Our people were deceived for many decades, but now the Brazilian people have woken up and will not accept impositions and or authoritarian systems like communism in disguise.
This is the dream of every communist, who still defends a gang of thieves that we have around here who stole more than 1 trillion and today have resources hidden around the world in trusts and llcs
not necessarily a defense of communism, but i'm not really a fan of how you conflate it with the regimes you're referring to(ie. mao China, Soviet Union, east germany, north korea) while they do make claims of being communist types, their ideologies and economic models tend to depict a different picture, that and the various factors regarding their downfall- i'd settle for a more nuanced perspective as opposed to the demonization you're going for, though i can't blame most ppl for thinking this way considering the internet(and remnants of McCarthyism) perpetuates this common misconception.
curious by this prospect, do you have a source for this? https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... ies-by-gdp
took a look at it, and while it is informative it doesn't exactly say anything about the agricultural producer/exporter aspect you were talking about earlier and if you're referring to the population graph, i'm not seeing any signs of the exponential growth, exponential graphs would usually be characterized by a leveling out effect and getting steep iirc.
i don't know entirely what to make of your vague, revolutionary statements but i wish you good luck on your endeavors sir. cheers.
R.I.P Ziba.
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

How foreigners see Brazil is heavily biased by their source of partisan news/information. During the time I've lived in Germany I didn't see a single positive message about Brazil in the local media. I've lived there since 2018 until the end of last year. Brazil is not the best country out there, but it's quite obvious not as bad as it is portrait outside its borders.

source: https://www.poder360.com.br/economia/mi ... no-2o-tri/

Non-ironically Germany had only negative economy-related news about Brazil during the last three months according to the source above (even though we are above average globally speaking). It's quite obvious when foreigners come thinking that it is the worst possible country, partisan media makes sense and works.

Only my opinion but judging by the amount of negative press we get (like the above from France, UK and Germany), I think Europe fears the powerhouse Brazil is when it comes to exports and shadowing them due to their own choices (e.g. dismantling their energy and farming sector by choice). When they actively worked against the potential deal for free commerce between the EU and Mercosul that became quite clear a few years ago.

As for what the future holds for Brazil, with the public sector stepping aside, there are many modern environmental friendly (leed certified) planned cities under development by the private sector, at least in my state (like this one). There's definitely a huge boom in the real estate sector, we recently built the highest residential skyscraper of the Americas (see next video). There's a lot of development that doesn't get highlighted out there:

Unfortunately for politics, there's still a portion of the population that is against progress at all costs down here, even if it means most will get poorer than they could possibly be, so it's always a looming danger for what the future holds for the country. Part and parcel of living in a democracy.

Anyway the summary is that there's a big future in the hand of entrepreneurs down here, not a lot in the hands of corrupt politicians.
And, as always, bye bye.
MythOfProgress

Post by MythOfProgress »

Bolsonaro will step down from the presidency this year.
With some added caveats it seems, ;). i'll be watching, :D.
R.I.P Ziba.