The future of Brazil

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead
unnaturalmilk

The future of Brazil

Post by unnaturalmilk »

Hi! So, with all of those predictions about climate change and demographics becoming pretty likely to happen, what do you personally think will be the future of Brazil? Will it balkanize and enter into irrelevance due to declining demographics and climate change or will it be able to be powerful/remain as it is due to its abundant water supply, natural resources and some unpredictable rise in birth rates?
carlosfabbro

Re: The future of Brazil

Post by carlosfabbro »

Hi, by 2032, Brazil will be the fifth-largest economy on the planet.
we have all the necessary natural resources, water, ore, iron, graphite and so many other natural resources in abundance.
Currently, Brazil is already the third-largest agricultural producer and exporter on the planet and the trend is that this will grow exponentially in the coming years.
Our only problem is bad people with hidden agendas wanting to implement the same political system as practiced in China, capitalism for the government and communism for the population. Our neighbors Argentina and Venezuela are heading in this direction is disastrous, just google it.
We, the Brazilian people, are free and we will continue to fight so that it remains so and that our country grows as a nation and can continue helping other nations around the planet.
MythOfProgress

Post by MythOfProgress »

Considering the majority of the Amazon rainforest resides in Brazil and is responsible for regulating carbon/oxygen cycles( alongside providing critical ecosystems and being a carbon sink in general), it's safe to say it will most likely collapse(inevitably passing the tipping point) under the leadership of Mr. Bolsonaro, who seems to be taking some inspiration of climate denialism from trump, and in general a far-right stance on most social issues. that being said, this is just my informed opinion and i'm not an actual resident, so i can't attest to the amount of environmental,political, urban decay that is going on there besides the articles i have to go off of.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -president
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ing-point/
R.I.P Ziba.
Bird

Post by Bird »

I had a read up on the politics of the place. While I wouldn't go so far as saying the country's headed for complete collapse, Bolsonaro looks like a complete disaster. Textbook far-right nutjob. Looking into it, it seems he won the last election comfortably. Everything I read about him makes him sound even worse than Trump.

On the flip side, the aforementioned election was 4 years ago, and the next one's happening in October. Every poll I look at claims (claims) he's going to be crushed or at least defeated by his opponent "Lula" in the October election. With Lula, there seems to be some complicated affair going on with corruption that I don't feel informed enough about to comment on. Still, at a glance he looks miles better than Bolsonaro.
I'm just a bird who escapes his cage to post here sometimes.
homo_habilis

Post by homo_habilis »

MythOfProgress wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:28 am Considering the majority of the Amazon rainforest resides in Brazil and is responsible for regulating carbon/oxygen cycles( alongside providing critical ecosystems and being a carbon sink in general), it's safe to say it will most likely collapse(inevitably passing the tipping point) under the leadership of Mr. Bolsonaro, who seems to be taking some inspiration of climate denialism from trump, and in general a far-right stance on most social issues. that being said, this is just my informed opinion and i'm not an actual resident, so i can't attest to the amount of environmental,political, urban decay that is going on there besides the articles i have to go off of.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -president
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ing-point/
Bolsonaro will step down from the presidency this year.
SerethiaFalcon

Post by SerethiaFalcon »

The only interesting fact I know about Brazil is that there is a current that goes from South Africa to the Amazon rainforest, which delivers deposits of minerals that make the soil rich enough for all the diversity of plants that grow there. If that ocean current were to ever divert somehow (with the warming of the oceans or some other factor), the Amazon rainforest would largely disappear. The soil isn't good enough on its own without those deposits. However, that would only affect the rainforest of the country, not necessarily everything else (although there is something to be said about the interconnection of nature and humanity's flourishing, at least currently).
MythOfProgress

Post by MythOfProgress »

and the trend is that this will grow exponentially in the coming years.
curious by this prospect, do you have a source for this?
capitalism for the government and communism for the population.
a little confused by this statement, are you referring to state capitalism or something else entirely?
good news, let's hope that lula turns around the environmental destruction and makes some preservation/conservation efforts. doubtful, but we'll see what happens.
R.I.P Ziba.
carlosfabbro

Post by carlosfabbro »

I make a provocation here, start by taking out the trash from your own house and making your bed in the morning.

Then do something effective on your street, with your neighbors and your community, done that, do something for your city and then for your state and finally for your country. Most nations have destroyed most of their ecosystems by exploiting and are now worried about the planet, this is hypocrisy.

The amazon belongs to Brazil, and the main concern is not with deforestation or the global climate, but with the wealth that is in this region and throughout our country.

Some countries will begin to experience a decline in the next few years and Brazil has continental dimensions, we are on an upward curve and this has bothered some groups a lot.

Our flag is green, yellow, blue, and white, the green represents our forests and reserves, including the Amazon, the yellow represents our wealth, the blue represents our water capacity, rivers, and seas and the white represents peace and good coexistence with all the other nations of the planet.

Our people were deceived for many decades, but now the Brazilian people have woken up and will not accept impositions and or authoritarian systems like communism in disguise.

God bless our planet and all the people who live here, may we have intelligence in dialogues and freedom in actions.
carlosfabbro

Post by carlosfabbro »

MythOfProgress wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:00 pm
and the trend is that this will grow exponentially in the coming years.
curious by this prospect, do you have a source for this? https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... ies-by-gdp
capitalism for the government and communism for the population.
a little confused by this statement, are you referring to state capitalism or something else entirely? I mean state capitalism.
This is the dream of every communist, who still defends a gang of thieves that we have around here who stole more than 1 trillion and today have resources hidden around the world in trusts and llcs.
good news, let's hope that lula turns around the environmental destruction and makes some preservation/conservation efforts. doubtful, but we'll see what happens.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

The only prediction that I as an outsider can make about Brazil is the most obvious one - you're going to lose most of your rainforest.